Welcome to the SMD forum!

Sign in to follow this  
mfdoom7

EDGE EDB15D2X-E7

plan is to make L port box 2.35 net and 49.77 sq.inch port area tuned @ 33.3hz. i want them lows to be loud should i make box volume bigger or change port area ? 

can't model it right now but 2.35 is small for a 15" driver.

Also if you want them lows you gotta tune low. I would go to 28 Hz.

i need to measure how much exacly i can fit to trunk then see if can tune lower. 28hz need gigant sub box ? 33hz or 31hz is what i want to aim. keep in mind that 2.35 is what subwoofer sees not including port. what if i make 2.35 and stuff polyfill inside ?

Edited by mfdoom7

Right a lot of 15's are wanting 3-4 cu ft.  Some 12's would perform well in 2.35.

2 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

Right a lot of 15's are wanting 3-4 cu ft.  Some 12's would perform well in 2.35.

so u telling 1 15 and whole trunk full of box ? 

problem is i can make box big as i need but i need to fit it inside trunk. so im limited to 2.59 cube net maybe hair more. material thickness will be 0.86inch and tuned to 33.3hz on paper it sounds great. ive done winisd and shows air velocity peak 16.7m/s @ 31hz

Edited by mfdoom7

Im saying build the box in the trunk so you can get the volume you need. the drawback is that you cannot remove it and building will be a little tougher.

1 minute ago, ckeeler11 said:

Im saying build the box in the trunk so you can get the volume you need. the drawback is that you cannot remove it and building will be a little tougher.

nah dont want that hardcore. ill stay with my 2.5ish cuft. maybe hair bigger. 50sqinch port area ok ? or way too much ?