Sonic Electronix

Any Problem With Running Speaker Wire Through The Port? Besides Cosmetic?

???

Nope, might be even more beneficial than running it thru the terminal cup.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

thanks. usually i dont use a terminal, and just drill through the back of the boc and seal it up, but i did resin on all the corners and layed a coat on the entire box, to keep it as tight as possible, so i didnt want to run it out the back..

Oh another thing.. i pooled the resin on every corner except for the port angle, because i thought it would make more of a mess than anything trying to seep it down there somehow, but when i actually thought about it , it seems like that would be one one the more important corners to do . Yes or no ?

My first corner was def. the tester angle so its a lil rough around the edges what grit sand paper should i use to smooth it out? thanks

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

thanks. usually i dont use a terminal, and just drill through the back of the boc and seal it up, but i did resin on all the corners and layed a coat on the entire box, to keep it as tight as possible, so i didnt want to run it out the back..

Oh another thing.. i pooled the resin on every corner except for the port angle, because i thought it would make more of a mess than anything trying to seep it down there somehow, but when i actually thought about it , it seems like that would be one one the more important corners to do . Yes or no ?

My first corner was def. the tester angle so its a lil rough around the edges what grit sand paper should i use to smooth it out? thanks

Sand paper on the tester angel .. i'm not sure

Yeah port angle is an important one, but with all others coated in resin it could outrule it, sure won't hurt anything having the port angle nice and smooth for better airflow though. =]

Edited by camino_1to3

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

X3 ring terminals and bolts is the way to go...

Just a thought...it might mess up airflow a little.

Edited by banginAltima

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

x2

me too , if i had the time and thought about those i woulda tried that :wacko: but its nothing much i mean it was a " getting back into it " build, and the first time working w resin, so i wanted to do some trial and error on this one so When or ( if ) i get a new car , that will be were all my time with the build will go with at least a little more knowledge ..

Subs come tomorrow ( 2 12 dc lv 3s , there actually getting sent to my work since in there around 10-12 hours everyday ) all that left for me is to hook up the amp,( memphis mc 1000d 1100x1 ) and set it.. I dont have my dmm so for now its going to be the normal ( ear test voltage :) ) which i believe on my 8V eclipse is just shy of 1/2 gain.. Ill post some pics tomorrow and try to get a vid on my phone and make a new thread.. Dont be to rough on the "Constructive criticism :)

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg