Sweety Posted March 12, 2019 Report Posted March 12, 2019 Hi guy's, I was wondering if one or two of you's could check my plans over please before I start building my new box. I'm using a JBL GT5 12" which is being powered by a 220wRMS JBL amp. I haven't added a double baffle to the plans as i'm still in 2 minds if I should or not. I know i've asked a few times about plans mainly for my old sub but sadly never got to make a start due to ill health & a sudden death in the family but i'm well enough at the moment & will be getting my wood this week.
ckeeler11 Posted March 13, 2019 Report Posted March 13, 2019 Port is a little big but should not hurt anything. I would personally tune alittle lower but if it is how you like it then you will be okay.
Sweety Posted March 14, 2019 Author Report Posted March 14, 2019 Is that there is to much port area ? if that's the case would I be better off going for something like a 1.5 - 1.75" wide port instead ?
ckeeler11 Posted March 14, 2019 Report Posted March 14, 2019 On that power and enclosure size somewhere around 17 sq. in. would be good. Just watch that the port ratio does not get to high.
Sweety Posted March 14, 2019 Author Report Posted March 14, 2019 19 minutes ago, ckeeler11 said: On that power and enclosure size somewhere around 17 sq. in. would be good. Just watch that the port ratio does not get to high. Thanks will have another play around then to see what I can come up with
Sweety Posted March 15, 2019 Author Report Posted March 15, 2019 I had a little play around with the measurements is this one looking any better
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.