Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

Sign in to follow this  
Sweety

Could I have a check on my plans before I start to build

Hi guy's, I was wondering if one or two of you's could check my plans over please before I start building my new box. I'm using a JBL GT5 12" which is being powered by a 220wRMS JBL amp. I haven't added a double baffle to the plans as i'm still in 2 minds if I should or not. I know i've asked a few times about plans mainly for my old sub but sadly never got to make a start due to ill health & a sudden death in the family but i'm well enough at the moment & will be getting my wood this week.

final box.jpg

Port is a little big but should not hurt anything. I would personally tune alittle lower but if it is how you like it then you will be okay.

Is that there is to much port area ? if that's the case would I be better off going for something like a 1.5 - 1.75" wide port instead ?

On that power and enclosure size somewhere around 17 sq. in. would be good. Just watch that the port ratio does not get to high.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

19 minutes ago, ckeeler11 said:

On that power and enclosure size somewhere around 17 sq. in. would be good. Just watch that the port ratio does not get to high.

Thanks will have another play around then to see what I can come up with