Sonic Electronix

Hey y’all I don’t know much about wiring and need help. 

I had 2 alpine type s dual voice coils subs and am trying to switch to 4ohm single coil subs. My box has 2 separate chambers and I have a 4channel amp. If someone can help drawing a diagram of how it should be wired completely that will help. I tried hooking up the wires from each channel but the subs don’t work properly. Can you please help me out. Thanks 

if the amp can be bridged wire it from channel 1 - to channel 2 +

then do the same for the other subwoofer. dont parallel the amp outputs. thats not how it works. and can ruin the amp.

so you'll only have the two wires from each sub going to the amps two sets of left+right channels

theres a way to also set up the RCA inputs so the subwoofers can act in stereo mode if it has 4 RCA inputs

4 channel amps can be confusing. look up diagrams of how to do it.

it should also have bridged markings on it to show you what - and + to wire the subs to to make them bridged. 

26 minutes ago, realflow100 said:

if the amp can be bridged wire it from channel 1 - to channel 2 +

then do the same for the other subwoofer. dont parallel the amp outputs. thats not how it works. and can ruin the amp.

so you'll only have the two wires from each sub going to the amps two sets of left+right channels

theres a way to also set up the RCA inputs so the subwoofers can act in stereo mode if it has 4 RCA inputs

4 channel amps can be confusing. look up diagrams of how to do it.

it should also have bridged markings on it to show you what - and + to wire the subs to to make them bridged. 

Okay cool I’ll try and look at it. The amp is 2ohm and 4ohm bridged. Can that be an issue?  I hooked up the wires the same way after installing the kickers the same way I had them wired with the alpines. And the fuse on the amp kept blowing. Do you think there’s not enough power?

Only hook one speaker to each set of bridged output. if the amp can handle 4 ohm bridged it should be fine and not blowing any fuses.

blowing fuses means you have a wiring problem with the subwoofers. or the ohm load is past the recommended ohms going from the subs to the amp. or you have wired it really wrongly into the amp

distortion and horrible clipping is from not enough power. the subwoofers could suck inward or outward if its dropping voltage really badly while playing.

there shouldn't be any problem if the amp can handle 4 ohms bridged.

check the fuse rating on the amp. make check online photos of the amp to see if you have the correct fuse rating for it as well.

Archived