Second Skin Audio

Please help me

Okay so I have 2 kicker tens with a 1000w amp for my 2013 Honda Accord sport and the factory radio and of course the adapter for it. I had a local shop install my subs and for the first 5 months when I first started my car my subs would thump a few times and maybe let one long thump out and that’d be it. Because my anc it would do that i know. anc and my blue tooth mic are together.  I left the mic plugged in so I could talk through my car. The past month it started doing it while I was driving just letting a long continuous thump out. I know this sounds VERY weird but it was only when I made a turn. It would just get so loud and not stop till I was done turning. Then it got worse and started doing it all the time. I found the anc box under my radio and had it unplugged thinking it would fix it. But it didn’t. So i turned the gain and sensitivity down and it helped but obviously it’s not as loud which defeats the purpose of having them. But then it just started doing it again. Some times it will act alright and others it is awful. I try to notice when it does bad and when it does good. Like I went on a road trip and had the cruise control on and didn’t stop and go much and it did good. Or when I’m parked it sounds good. Before i turned the gain down I had my trunk open trying to show some friends what was wrong and it wasn’t doing it but as soon as we shut it it started going off. All other times but those it does bad and sounds really low at times or just starts one loud continuous thump. I’ve already had the back mic unplugged and have tried doing the front but it doesn’t change it. Side note I my battery did die and I had to get a jump a week or two before it acted up, idk if it means anything. 

1. Spell check please. There are a few bits in there that could be read a couple different ways when trying to parse things together. Putting discrete issues into their own bullet points / paragraphs is a big help here.

2. For turn on pop, consider a delayed amp turn on module. This can happen when your amplifier powers on, followed by the RCAs

3. For thumping during turns, check connections and make sure your equipment is appropriately secured. It could be a power issue with the amp, turn on wire, or RCAs (which could also be the result of a pinched wire somewhere)

Archived