BYTizzle Posted September 23, 2019 Report Posted September 23, 2019 The issue Im running into right now is port area. Once I put those subs in and the power you plan to run thru them, it requires a LOT of port area. Its eating up net volume quickly.
Ohmmm Posted September 23, 2019 Author Report Posted September 23, 2019 4 doors and trunk have about 90sqft of deadener. What do you mean by sealing them?
Casparado Posted September 23, 2019 Report Posted September 23, 2019 2 minutes ago, Ohmmm said: 4 doors and trunk have about 90sqft of deadener. What do you mean by sealing them? If you want to significantly increase midbass response, you're going to want to seal off the large access hole in the interior door panel to turn the door cavity into what is essentially an enclosure.
BYTizzle Posted September 23, 2019 Report Posted September 23, 2019 This is what the difference would be between using that sub in a sealed box vs a ported box. Definitely more output everywhere from 20 on up! Any chance you have some room that we can make this box a bit bigger yet?
Ohmmm Posted September 23, 2019 Author Report Posted September 23, 2019 BYTizzle bit of a squeeze, eh? Verrrrry little increase in outside box dimensions is available. I'd say maybe an inch extra on width and depth without building it inside the trunk. If I did build it inside the trunk, which I'd rather not do, I have 41.5 inches of width well to well.
BYTizzle Posted September 23, 2019 Report Posted September 23, 2019 I even looked at "what if he ran 2 of their 12's instead", honestly made no difference. They require a similar sized net volume as well. Its a beefy sub and you plan to throw all the power at them which requires a good amount of port area.
Ohmmm Posted September 23, 2019 Author Report Posted September 23, 2019 That's incredible. So, which direction would the port(s), and subs face?
Ohmmm Posted September 23, 2019 Author Report Posted September 23, 2019 With that program could I basically just enter butt loads of different tsp from different subs with the box specs that fit best for my trunk to find which sub is going to have the best all around output?
BYTizzle Posted September 23, 2019 Report Posted September 23, 2019 I was basing everything off subs and port on the same face. Whether you want to fire it into the trunk or fire it into the cabin and seal it off, it will work eitherway
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.