ordy Posted October 13, 2019 Report Posted October 13, 2019 Hi, I'm looking to back into the car audio game after a long absence. I am interested in the SMD DD products but have vehicle specific question. I have a 2011 Suburban with the 'regular' Bose system. My local shop has bypassed the factory amp and is feeding an old Alpine amp via LOCs. I'm looking to make some changes and go active, multi-amp. The issue is that the factory head unit displays no volume information - no numbers, no bar, no nothing. Everything I hear and read for tuning with the SMD products is to find the reference head unit volume first. Is there a method to work with these head units and get the rest of the system to a safe and somewhat optimized state or should I just bite the bullet and put an aftermarket head unit in? Thanks.
CrackFactory Posted October 13, 2019 Report Posted October 13, 2019 Get an aftermarket headunit. With your goals in mind, it makes no sense to stick with the stock unit.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.