Sonic Electronix

Hey folks, I just bought an 06 Tundra that came stock with a JBL sound system in it. The previous owner replaced the head unit and did not do it correctly i believe. Its a pioneer head unit and a lot of the settings are greyed out and unable to be clicked on, even with the parking brake on (Im assuming he didnt hook up the parking brake wire thing). Also the steering wheel controls dont work.. Anyways the speakers sound pretty bad and im not a big fan of the headunit, so I want to replace the speakers and head unit, but im concerned that i will have trouble because of the stock jbl system. Can I just stick a new head unit and speakers in and that should solve my issues? Or do i need to do any funky stuff because of the stock jbl system? 

Any help is much apreciated!! Thanks

you can bypass the JBL system by wiring it all or if you want to retain it then you'll need the correct harness. the graying out of stuff on the Pioneer deck is from the parking brake not being connected. for steering wheel controls you'll just need a control module. personally I'd just bypass it all. just need to locate the JBL amp, usually a 1761 harness will work but need to re-pin it.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived