Need Alternator

I have an '07 Ford Fusion(4 cylinder) and I can't seem to find anyone who makes a HO alternator for my ride. Powermaster doesn't make one, and I already checked a couple other sites. Anyone know where I can find one, preferably at least 200 amps?

What you have is a Mitsubishi (A3TJ0891) 150 amp alternator. A decent unit to start with, it is well optimized. Re-working one to 200+ amps will likely reduce the idle charging current, and it's life. The factory rating is 90 amps @ 700 engine rpm, 150 amps @ 2500 engine rpm.

Adding storage capacity (batteries) is good solution. We can make you a module to bring the charging voltage up for battery charging.

Adding a second alternator might be an option as well, if you have the capacity to fabricate brackets - and the space for a second alternator.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

What you have is a Mitsubishi (A3TJ0891) 150 amp alternator. A decent unit to start with, it is well optimized. Re-working one to 200+ amps will likely reduce the idle charging current, and it's life. The factory rating is 90 amps @ 700 engine rpm, 150 amps @ 2500 engine rpm.

Adding storage capacity (batteries) is good solution. We can make you a module to bring the charging voltage up for battery charging.

Adding a second alternator might be an option as well, if you have the capacity to fabricate brackets - and the space for a second alternator.

'Link

how did you find out what kind of alternator he has under his hood?

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

I've checked under the hood, and there's not really any room for a 2nd alternator. I was hoping to get a direct replacement. What type of module are we talking?

Basically our Ford module, with a tweak for the Mitsubishi. Two splices in your harness. We can pull the charging voltage up to 15v like we did for Steve's Tahoe.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

how did you find out what kind of alternator he has under his hood?

That is part of our business. We need to know what a customer has to provide the right product. Sometimes we go as far as reviewing the wiring diagrams for a specfic vehicle.

Some GM vehicles came with 3 or 4 different alternators in a model year. That is why we sometimes ask for a picture of a regulator plug or the alternator itself.

Guessing is not really an option.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

Ok, so what do you need from me so we can do this?

You can contact Chris at www.missinglinkaudio.com, and place an order. His phone number is on the site, as well as the e-mail address.

I can make up your unit in about three working days. I will provide a circuit diagram for your car as well as instructions specfic to your install.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

Archived