Sonic Electronix

Changing sub location on box

Hey guys I'm new to car audio, I have a single sundown sa 12 in a ported box I built. It is powered by a sundown sae 1000d with 1/0wire. I built my fist box on my own and it's not the greatest, it doesn't sound horrible but just from watching videos I know the sub is not putting out anything near its potential on even 900 watts sms. I'm in the process of building a better box with some plans I found online. I have enough mdf to build 2 maybe 3 boxes. Anyway the plan is for a 2 cubic foot box tuned to 35hz ported. Sub and port facing back, I have a suv and have read that sub up port back may be better for my vehicle. I plan on building the box to specs and then I also want to build another box with the sub up to test and see which I like better. My question is can I just put the sub cut out in the top panel facing the sub up and leave the port location and dimensions the same? Or do I need to change the port location in the box if the sub is up? Here is the plan I have. Please bear with me this is all new to me. 

Screenshot_20200110-091319_Drive.jpg

Archived