Sonic Electronix

I thought they were just more resistent to heat?

there new design is supposed to disapate heat better. there was a vid on youtube bout them. sounds like it will handle a lil more watts if more heat is disapated so i guess louder can be said.

Once you get your car on a meter and figure out how loud you are not you will have a good idea on how loud you will be..

Again as in your last post you made about who will be louder, there is no way to tell.

I sat in a vehicle that can burp 152db @ 47hz all day long, yes it is loud, but I recently popped my head into a truck that was tuned in the low 30 hz that could burp a 147 iirc and that vehicle on music seemed way louder.

Yes the guy burping was louder, but the guy that was tuned low felt louder on my body becuase everything around you is shaking something fierce.

bottom line is you cannot look at a stereo, or put a stereo together in your head or on paper and say that it will be louder then the next guys, only the meter will tell you the winner.

Once you get more advanced in car audio, built a few different setups, played on the meter a bit, you will somewhat be able to tell how loud your stereo is by a guess and give you a ballpark figure.

Yeah I get what you're saying and I agree. Basically loganuf and I were just trying to ballpark it. Thanks.

you can run two Crunch PZI 3000.1 off 1 khc2000 ?

I think you got mixed up a bit ;)

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Alright, in my next car, I am going to invest a lot more time and money in my system. Right now I am just half assin it with stock electrical and only a 6 ft. cubic box. There is also no dynamat in my current whip. However in my next suv I am doing it much better. However my friend thinks he's going to be way louder with four 12's but I am telling him if I do mine right I can be just as loud. Tell me what y'all think.

My next setup:

- Two 15" L7s

- Hifonics Brutus BXi 2607d

- 12 Ft. Cubic box, ported tuned to 33 hz

- Two alternators (total of 250 amps or more)

- Two Kinetic batteries ( Kinetic HC 800 upfront and a HC 2000 in back)

- Two runs of 0 gauge

- All door panels and roof dynamated

VS.

My friends setup:

- Four 12" L7s

- Two Crunch PZI 3000.1 (each amp about 1500-1600 watts rms)

- 12 Ft. cubic box, ported tuned to around 33 hz

- Two runs of 0 gauge going to each amplifier

- 250 amp alternator

- Kinetic HC 1800

- Door panels and roof dynamated

your friend has 2 crunch pzi 3000.1 and one khc1800... thats enough power for those amps?

bassaddictio8.jpg

i would say it depends on the actual construction and placement of the box, also the most important bit of info NOT listed is both cars that they will be in.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

your friend has 2 crunch pzi 3000.1 and one khc1800... thats enough power for those amps?

Well he doesn't have them yet but I don't see a major concern wtih that setup. He probably could use one more battery just to be safe.

i would say it depends on the actual construction and placement of the box, also the most important bit of info NOT listed is both cars that they will be in.

-Drew

I agree. Most of the build is dependent on the box and placement itself. Both of our setups will have subs up, port out. Sorry, loganuf that is going to be adding two more 12s has a 2001 Expedition and I will have most likely a SUV (possibly Ford Exlporer around 2004-2006).

Setup in the makings

Well he doesn't have them yet but I don't see a major concern wtih that setup. He probably could use one more battery just to be safe.

I agree. Most of the build is dependent on the box and placement itself. Both of our setups will have subs up, port out. Sorry, loganuf that is going to be adding two more 12s has a 2001 Expedition and I will have most likely a SUV (possibly Ford Exlporer around 2004-2006).

Subs up port back you mean? And hes adding another 2 12"s? So 6 12"s or am I reading wrong?

Subs up port back you mean? And hes adding another 2 12"s? So 6 12"s or am I reading wrong?

Subs up port back. No, look in his avatar. He has two 12's now and hes adding two more so 4 12s.

Setup in the makings

Archived