2005 Tahoe - No Wall 161+ dB Daily (8 12s, 40kw, kick)

6 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

At half ohm wasn’t it putting out more than that bass 30k? Let me go check your pics where you clamped them amps. 

The clamps were flawed because of the AMM-1 not reading accurately over 15kw. I also had a lot better electrical when using the 16k.

The best I clamped from the 16k was 23kw, and I never tested the 30k on the FLIR

The 16k is so expensive though, and they tend to fail a lot.

4 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

At half ohm wasn’t it putting out more than that bass 30k? Let me go check your pics where you clamped them amps. 

I seen you clamped that bass 30k at 23,811 watts at 1.6ohms and that cf 16k at 26,182 watts at 1.5ohms. Was there a big difference in voltage? 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Just now, RedFred said:

The clamps were flawed because of the AMM-1 not reading accurately over 15kw.

The best I clamped from the 16k was 23kw, and I never tested the 30k on the FLIR

The 16k is so expensive though, and they tend to fail a lot.

That’s why then. I didn’t know. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I seen you clamped that bass 30k at 23,811 watts at 1.6ohms and that cf 16k at 26,182 watts at 1.5ohms. Was there a big difference in voltage? 

yeah, I dropped to 13.5v with the 30k and 15.0v lowest with the 16k

I'll be doing some impedance testing with the MD 8ks tomorrow, and if it's super high (like 3 ohms) I'll drop a pair of them in @ 0.25 ea and let a rip.

Also be doing lots of testing once my 30k gets back from repair, since it'll have the clip indicator addon :)

overall just not a fan of Korean amps anymore. Especially the big ones, sketch me out. Every person I know who used the CF 16k had to repair it.

3 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

What made you go from zv5’s to U’s? Do you still have the zv5’s or did you do some type of sale or trade?

a couple things:

• size - 13" mounting depth on ZV5s made it a PITA to load. I had to put 2 in the box before putting the box in vehicle
  • weight - 75lb ZV5s sucked to load by myself, especially once in the vehicle
  • power handling - I was clamping around 16kw on music, and the ZV5s always smelled. I didn't think they would handle that power for long
  • efficiency - my 4 U 15s did 57.5s on 16k, but the 4 ZV5s only did 58.5s on 20k-23k, so the U's were a lot more efficient

and then the switch from 4 15s to 8 12s was a combination of more motor force, more cone area, and more power handling

Archived