Jump to content

Keep current headunit or upgrade, considering this setup?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Currently planned setup:

-One Sundown SA-12 wired to 1-ohm @1200w RMS per the output specs of Orion D2400 monoblock amp.

-Pair of Kicker KSS65 2-ways, 125RMS each (4-ohm), and a pair undecided coaxes (whatever coaxes I can find that will fit with the amp)...both powered by a Precision Power P900.4 Class D amp (145W RMS × 4ch @4ohms)

Headunit I have now is a Kenwood DDX419 from 2012 specs are:
  • Power Output:
    • -Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels
    • -RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels
    • -3-Band equalizer with six presets
    • -4 Sets of 4V preamp outputs (front, rear and subwoofer)
Any thoughts on how well this headunit above matches with my planned setup? I am looking to make the setup SPL with deep clear lows.

Anything in particular this headunit is missing, and what should I be looking for in a new headunit if an upgrade is warranted?

Thanks in advance. This is my first build, being the noob I am. But I am trying to get it done fairly well the first time so it lasts a good while and sounds great.
Posted

Unless you really just want to do lots of tuning and time alignment (which you likely don't need) then that head unit is just fine. 

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1114 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...