Enough Room For Second Alternator?

You might have a problem getting the belt wrapped around the pulleys next to each other. Thats a close area to work, AC would be the easiest for sure.

MLA

You could easily mount one high on the driver's side. You could also mount one backwards with the pulley facing the motor, alternators can run either direction. I also have a 225 amp unit for the stock location and an overdrive pulley if you want the easy route.

make up you mind if you want to loose power steering pump or AC comp and you will be fine. Maybe re-route the cooling hose to the radiator and build a custom bracket. Doesn't look good bro, I would invest in batteries and the best HO alt you can put in the stock location.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

make up you mind if you want to loose power steering pump or AC comp and you will be fine. Maybe re-route the cooling hose to the radiator and build a custom bracket. Doesn't look good bro, I would invest in batteries and the best HO alt you can put in the stock location.

I was just curious...I am not investing anything more into this car because I am selling it soon. My next SUV I will though.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

I was just curious...I am not investing anything more into this car because I am selling it soon. My next SUV I will though.

You have a good 136 amp alternator, invest in more batteries. You can always take those with you to the next project.

Adding a second alternator on a Liberty is not done "easily".

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Archived