Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

So i have a 91 K5 blazer that i just installed all new wiring and speakers new head unit amps and subs. I even got the dd1+ and cc1 to be legit. So i plug everything up turn the truck on and no sound. Only thing playing is the subs. Then i turn the truck off and leave the key on the run position and boom i get music. I turn the truck back on to see if it work and it starts to play i hear static then the mids cut out and only thing left playing is the subs again. I swapped the RCA's and moved my ground to the head unit and still the same thing. I even tried a different head unit and i get the same results. Ran out of ideas i know it has to be something the the truck wiring but im lost in the sauce. I have a DS18 1000.4 voice amp and 2 15" Skar subs and 1500rms Skar amp. 

F69374E2-B1A2-40C9-9F28-641DC59B01C2.jpeg

7FE1DAAD-F95F-4C23-B0F4-9975B04272D7.jpeg

34975728-0CC4-4E00-A1BB-CF7E84E49853.jpeg

8CE1CD4C-10A2-4008-985C-3CB2727BE13C.jpeg

Posted

whats your voltage look like? both at the battery and amps, running and not. factory alt? do you have a remote running from the HU, or is it tapped in somewhere else?

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Posted

Amp voltage is around 13 not running and a little over 14 while running, i got the remote straight from the HU to the amps. And yup factory alternator. I am about to make it a dual battery setup but i have a feeling its going to do the same thing, since it plays perfect while off but as soon as i turn the engine I hear static and it voice is gone. Also i did the big3 upgrade  

Posted

get your meter and check for continuity between each speaker lead at the amp and chasis ground. does the amp go into protect or just shut off when you start the truck?

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Posted

The amp does not go into protect mode. And the light on the amp shows that it is on just no music coming out of the speakers. But i will check on the continuity see what happens. 

  • 1 month later...
Posted

So turns out it was a bad amp. The rear passenger side channel was messed up and putting the amp into protect mode, but thanks for the advise homies. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1464 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...