Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello, 

 

I was hoping for some advice on a build I am about to put into my car. I bought a Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D and two Audiopipe TXXBD312 1800 Watt 12s, I am hoping will be a good match. I am not a huge audio guy, but I spend a lot of time in my towncar for work and hoping to get a little bump in my trunk for my highway driving. 

Do any of you have some advice on wiring these for 1 ohm? What you all would suggest for what gauge wire for the subs? I have a brand new OEM alternator and battery, hoping this will be enough to run this setup. 

I don't have a cap or extra battery, trying to keep it rather simple.

Manual for my amp 
https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/2013/3_amplifiers/1230-57810-02_primeamp-man.pdf

 

What I was going to try to use for hooking up 1 ohm is attached, 

Thank you if you have time to reply :)


 

Snag_35ac1be5.png

Posted

Confusing from the Manual, Do I run one wire from side one positive and side two negative? *Paralleled internally for 1 � min. load. < No idea what that means lol

Snag_35b5fd12.png

Posted

hook it up exactly as you see in that second picture and you will be at 1ohm. Hook one speaker up to the Speaker A side and the other to the Speaker B side. The terminal is connected inside the amp so the + for Speaker A is the same as the + for Speaker B (and same for the - connections). You will still need to connect your voice coils in parallel at the speaker however.

 

It's identical to shoving 2 wires into a single terminal except it looks cleaner.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted
2 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

hook it up exactly as you see in that second picture and you will be at 1ohm. Hook one speaker up to the Speaker A side and the other to the Speaker B side. The terminal is connected inside the amp so the + for Speaker A is the same as the + for Speaker B (and same for the - connections). You will still need to connect your voice coils in parallel at the speaker however.

 

It's identical to shoving 2 wires into a single terminal except it looks cleaner.

So by Parallel you mean like this picture correct?

 

Snag_35b5fd122.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

yes sir!

Thank ya! 

You have any thoughts on the gauge of wire from the amp to the speakers? I really can't tell what size will fit into the amp and speaker terminals. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1891 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...