ptcary Posted March 12, 2009 Author Report Posted March 12, 2009 nice build man. when are we gonna be able to talk you into more power. you obviously have the skills for it. One more amp for the doors and kick panels and it will be done at ~2900 watts RMS total to all the speakers. The subs are getting their RMS, and the alternator is still factory. For what I do, there really is no need for it to get any more powerful than it already has. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
sounddesires Posted March 13, 2009 Report Posted March 13, 2009 even if no power.. u have a great daily stereo. thats does what u want an more then u expected it to do..... great build man.. i cant wait to finish mine when i get back to america.......
camino_1to3 Posted March 13, 2009 Report Posted March 13, 2009 80's is where it's at. 90s for this guy Team T3 Audio Team Sundown Audio Team O.B.M Operation Beast Mode "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".
kentb Posted March 14, 2009 Report Posted March 14, 2009 wow that really looks good! New System 2 10" Fi SSD, Sundown 1500d Build I build and design enclosures(cheap price), PM ME Kicker L7 Navigator(plexiglass, fiberglass, aeroport) Build BTL 18" Escalade(plexiglass, battery tray) Build http://www.kentbaudio.com Old System
ptcary Posted March 14, 2009 Author Report Posted March 14, 2009 Thanks guys! Got started on the Sirius install today. I used to have XM, but Eclipse uses Sirius, so I had to switch. Food break, then I'll get back to work! I used good ole velcro to attach the Sirius adapter to the Eclipse Lan: 8 screws and the glove box lid came off for mounting them: Thanks to you guys for advising me on the antenna placement: PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
camino_1to3 Posted March 14, 2009 Report Posted March 14, 2009 Very nice! You should come to find out that Sirius is much better than XM. Team T3 Audio Team Sundown Audio Team O.B.M Operation Beast Mode "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".
ptcary Posted March 15, 2009 Author Report Posted March 15, 2009 Ok, I'm beat after working on this all day! I'm done for the night! Does anyone have any advice for wiring 3 switched (+) sources (Omnifi, Eclipse LAN and Sirius) up??? Should I run them off my battery bank with a on/off switch? Relay? No more room in the glove box Test fitted the Q-forms, needs paint or carpet! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted March 28, 2009 Author Report Posted March 28, 2009 Progress! So I've been piling up things for my vacation time in another week, figure I can take the interior apart cause I won't have to drive the PT every day! Also bought a new set of wheels and have been spending my time deciding on tires. Q-forms kick panels I got for free from my buddy: The backside was done over in rubber undercoating and a MDF ring to give them a little structure: Not sure how the front side will end up, I sprayed em with some metallic charcoal, but maybe some carpet is needed: So I am learning that I REALLY want to be able to get to the controls on my mids/highs amps more easily this time around. So this is the new mount for them. The Crunch 115x4 will still run the pillars, midbasses, and the rear fill speakers, and I am going to use a left over Crunch 275x2 but run it 8 ohms to cut the power down to the door components and the kick panels. I am mounting the amps upright one on each side of the frame, with the control ends towards the rear passenger door. All the wiring will be in the center of the car now. What? Sick and tired of trying to adjust your amps in a dark garage with a flashlight in your mouth? 2 LEDs and a drawer handle and that problem is solved! They will get a switch in the plastic trim panel in the footwell. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
sounddesires Posted April 4, 2009 Report Posted April 4, 2009 man this thing jus gets better an better... how much power are u running to the subs now? i was wonderin cause ive got a mtx ta81001 an was wonderin if u think this would b efficient? anyway great build man....
SubSonic Posted April 4, 2009 Report Posted April 4, 2009 HAHA OMG that thing is a beast, nice job, i like all the ideas you come up with,, good job!! Re Audio Diamond Audio Alpine Audio Rocksford Fosgate DB Link
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.