Colin - STAPUFT Posted June 7, 2009 Report Posted June 7, 2009 Great job on the wheels! If that were mine, it would be my desktop! Sick as always bro! 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
sudisdicmotorsports Posted June 8, 2009 Report Posted June 8, 2009 great build man.................. fuck a meter.................whats it hit?????? who gives a fuck........... METER MEANS NOTHING................ if you enjoy it...thats all that matters thats what im saying
ptcary Posted June 18, 2009 Author Report Posted June 18, 2009 Nice cary, love it Thanks.......I knew YOU would understand the look! It's not slammed as low as your photoshopped version, but it looks good and rides great! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted June 18, 2009 Author Report Posted June 18, 2009 No reason to be pissed bro, you just gotta consider the source. This board is mostly SPL freaks from what I've seen so it's only natural for them to say what they're saying. I think your system was very nicely executed, well thought out and as long as it puts a smile on your face who cares what anyone else thinks? Somebody had posted a video kinda flaunting how much the outside of their car was flexing and it baffled me, I don't understand how that's bragging rights. I much prefer systems like yours where you try to eliminate all that flex and external noise as much as possible. I know guys like Steve who's running what, 25k watts of power, not much you can do about flexing. I too do my own systems and have a build coming up soon on my Monte Carlo, I will document the build as I go and know for sure that i'm going to come under even more scrutiny than you have but at the end of the day it only matters what I think about it, not anyone else. Most of the builds i've seen here run circles around what i've done over the years and almost assuredly what i'm about to do as well, but I just hope to learn things from you guys while continuing to build better and better systems. That post is pretty old and I'm over it, believe me, but I did let these guys talk me into replacing the sub amps with the AQ2200D. This thing is so far beyond my expectations, that I don't know what else to say about it. There is really only one person in the world that could sit in it, look it over and REALLY critique it.............................and that person is STEVE MEADE himself. He designed that wall and knows exactly what it is capable of and how it should sound. I guess I could have went with the larger ports and not stuffed it, if SPL was any concern of mine, but it wasn't. It's not an SQ setup by any means, I just happened to come across a great deal on an SQ head unit, so I bought it. This thing absolutely KILLS on rock music and '80's which is what I listen to 99% of the time. Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime is absolutely incredible to hear in this car, it scares people. It's been a lot of fun since I finished it, but it did get a lot larger than I originally intended. It really freaks people out when they see the car with the back doors and rear hatch open! Most ask if I can take it out of the car if I needed the space back. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif Music really motivates my life in general, and it's been like that for years, yes I know how to read it, and played a few instruments over the years, nothing really professional. But this car had to sound amazing to my ears for me to go this big with it. The greatest complement I have received is from a professional sound guy who travels with various bands I happened to meet while getting the PT worked on, he spent about 30 minutes and said he was very surprised at how balanced it sounded for all the speakers that he could see in the car. For the record there are 28 in the car. It's all about the head unit in this install. I also had some help from friend who is a retired pro installer, and car audio judge, and a drummer, he said it sounded very clean at all levels, and believe me...he knows his stuff! In the end, everyone is right, It is perfect for me! Yes I suppose I could have pestered Steve through PMs to tell me exactly how to get every last DB out of it, but whats the point. These are ENTRY LEVEL HIFONICS SUBS! Not Fi BTL's. It's only 2800 watts! Thanks to all those who truly understood this build and my goals, and to the rest of you....go back and read the very first post again! It clearly states no SPL build here. The rest of the PT will continue to be upgraded as time goes on, I'm working on a carbon fiber roof overlay next......and late 2010 when I make that last payment on the loan, and get a daily driver car, the PT will be my weekend/show car, get a new paint job, and who knows what. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
mxdustinmx Posted June 20, 2009 Report Posted June 20, 2009 dang man, just went threw all 18 pages and all i got to say is WOW! The build came out sick.. and by far the coolest PT ive seen! 01' Chevy Silverado 4x4 18'' Fi Btl Sundown Saz-3000D (Sold the system) New build coming soon.. Pics of My Truck
ptcary Posted June 28, 2009 Author Report Posted June 28, 2009 Here are some pics of the roof experiment......ended up with a checkered flag in carbon fiber, it's temporary until I get some practice with real carbon fiber cloth and resin and can make a full solid sheet overlay for the roof. This is just fake carbon fiber vinyl decal, cut into 7" squares and hand applied dry to the roof. One sold sheet of vinyl would not work on the PT roof, so I went with a pattern just for fun. My PT goes through graphics packages every year, so this is just another phase. It's different but looks kinda cool out in the sun. And since this is SMD....here are a few more vids for you guys: PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Herrie_V Posted June 28, 2009 Report Posted June 28, 2009 Wow! That roof came out nice man! Looks good. This is getting to be one of the most customized pt's haha edit: Oh and just watch the videos, looks like it sounds good and clear. -1 on lady gaga, i hate her...
ptcary Posted June 28, 2009 Author Report Posted June 28, 2009 Wow! That roof came out nice man! Looks good. This is getting to be one of the most customized pt's haha Thanks,but I WANT a full carbon roof overlay, I wanted to try it in vinyl before taking the plunge to the real stuff, just to see how it would look, but I had a hell of a time with the full vinyl sheet, so I cut it up and went with this pattern. Hopefully a real solid carbon overlay in the near future. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Herrie_V Posted June 28, 2009 Report Posted June 28, 2009 Thanks,but I WANT a full carbon roof overlay, I wanted to try it in vinyl before taking the plunge to the real stuff, just to see how it would look, but I had a hell of a time with the full vinyl sheet, so I cut it up and went with this pattern. Hopefully a real solid carbon overlay in the near future. I believe it isnt easy to do in 1 piece With this pattern, i think it looks cool on your car. UGPM btw.
ptcary Posted June 28, 2009 Author Report Posted June 28, 2009 I believe it isnt easy to do in 1 piece With this pattern, i think it looks cool on your car. UGPM btw. Yeah, I really wanted a seamless look, and started with a 4'x6' sheet, then cut in half after seeing another install on the internet, tried it wet.....then could not get the front piece to form properly, let it heat up in the Texas sun to see if that might help, and it didn't, so I pulled it off, and used the rear half to cut into squares and hand placed them dry. Looks pretty cool...some guy on a Harley gave me a thumbs up on the road this morning, so I guess it looks pretty good. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.