Jump to content

Low level output 0.4V? Do I need to fix this?


Recommended Posts

Posted

So using stock head unit on Dodge Journey.

I have tried two different line output converters and both are only putting out 0.4 Volts. (levels turned to max) I thought this was supposed to be closer to 2-5 volts. 

Is this a problem? Is my amp getting enough signal? Is this something I should worry about?

Thanks,

Posted

That could very well be the problem then, though not knowing what LOC you are using, it could also be that. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qm8w9d5ydn0ucdt/Pzr8B6LlYw/Snow's DD-1 Tracks.zip

You can find a 40hz -0dB track there.

As for line out converters, most a junk, poor quality, and will create distortion in your signal. Rockford might still offer one, otherwise I'd recommend audiocontrol if quality is important to you

Posted

If all you need is two channels, then yes. They have larger models if you require more channels. If you're just adding a sub stage though, that one will be perfect

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 975 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...