Second Skin Audio

Lacking Subwoofer Performance at Low Volume

Nojoah

No. Just start another 8 gauge run of wire from your battery to go to the other amp or use a 4 gauge wire from the batter to the cabin and when yo run that wire to the back of the cabin use a distribution block to to feed an 8 gauge wire to each amp. And make sure you don’t share the same ground connection/bolt with the 2 amps. Ground in a different area from the other amps ground but still to the frame or the chassis. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

It’s gonna be loud like you want but it isn’t gonna have the cleanest sound because the amps settings won’t be matched to each other unless you have the correct tuning tools. Since you said money’s tight, i will at least see if you have a digital multimeter. Do you?

16 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

No. Just start another 8 gauge run of wire from your battery to go to the other amp or use a 4 gauge wire from the batter to the cabin and when yo run that wire to the back of the cabin use a distribution block to to feed an 8 gauge wire to each amp. And make sure you don’t share the same ground connection/bolt with the 2 amps. Ground in a different area from the other amps ground but still to the frame or the chassis. 

Yes so I already have a run of 4 gauge to a distribution block that splits into two 8 gauge. My only concern with running another amp is just dimming headlights as night driving is often required when I am towing. If dimming won't be a problem I'll just do another run of 8 gauge.

12 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

It’s gonna be loud like you want but it isn’t gonna have the cleanest sound because the amps settings won’t be matched to each other unless you have the correct tuning tools. Since you said money’s tight, i will at least see if you have a digital multimeter. Do you?

And yes I do have a digital multimeter

7 minutes ago, Nojoah said:

Yes so I already have a run of 4 gauge to a distribution block that splits into two 8 gauge. My only concern with running another amp is just dimming headlights as night driving is often required when I am towing. If dimming won't be a problem I'll just do another run of 8 gauge.

And yes I do have a digital multimeter

Just run another 8 gauge from that distribution block to the other amp. Don’t do another battery run. Do you have a speaker (not subwoofer) or tweeter laying around? I can help you set the frequency filters with that digital multimeter. But now let me see if you have something to set the gains with. 

3 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

Just run another 8 gauge from that distribution block to the other amp. Don’t do another battery run. Do you have a speaker (not subwoofer) or tweeter laying around? I can help you set the frequency filters with that digital multimeter. But now let me see if you have something to set the gains with. 

The block is only a 1-in-2-out so I would need another run unless I decided to buy a different block. And I do have the stock speakers.

I don’t understand. You are wiring up 2 amps. All you need is 2 8 gauges connections in all. So that 4 gauge in and dual 8 gauge out is perfect. What are you using the second 8 gauge out for? And after we figure this out I will show you how to tune and match your amps with a digital multimeter, stock speaker, some speaker wire and a little 50 cent capacitor. 

51 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

I don’t understand. You are wiring up 2 amps. All you need is 2 8 gauges connections in all. So that 4 gauge in and dual 8 gauge out is perfect. What are you using the second 8 gauge out for? And after we figure this out I will show you how to tune and match your amps with a digital multimeter, stock speaker, some speaker wire and a little 50 cent capacitor. 

As I said above my worry is that I will be overpowering the stock alternator and dimming headlights. I already have two amplifiers. One for the sub and one for the aftermarket speakers. My question is whether or not I can do another run of 8 to power a second sub amp without affecting the stock electronics.

Archived