Jump to content

Which is better?


MajikNinja

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I’m pretty much stuck between these 2 options. The Pioneer TS-A682F or the Kicker KSC6804 in 6x8s. I’ll be running them off of a Kicker 360.4 4 channel amp. The Kicker KS are 2 way and the Pioneers are 4 way.

Posted

Go with the 2 ways. 3 ways and 4 ways don’t sound as good. What I did with my 4 3 way 6x8 speakers, I put 6.5” adapters and run 4 6.5” midrange drivers. The front are components with  3.5” super tweeters and passive crossovers. Way better than the 6x8s I was running. Round speakers always sound better than oval speakers and midrange and component set ups with crossovers always sound better than coaxials. But if you are bent on choosing coaxials then go with the 2 ways. They match the amp anyways. Or get adapters and run 6.5s in components or 2 way coaxials, again if you’re bent on coaxials. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Posted

For adapters look into sound mekanix. Jeremy that runs that company is a good dude and it’s a good product, wood or plastic. There are different sizes of the same size adapter depending on the size of the 6.5” speaker, small, medium, large or xl or whatever the exact measurement of your speaker is. If you are stuck between 2 sizes then always get the smaller size and sand the plastic or wood out a little. The product sands easy and smooth. Butter. Top notch. I bought some different adapters to start with that were scosche and the cut outs were too small and when I tried to sand them it wasn’t working and almost like sanding a brick. They are the ones you see all over eBay and Amazon that don’t have a name brand or say oem. Steer clear. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 913 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...