6.5" Components under $200 Recommendations

Bdsankey

I am overhauling the audio in my 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD crew cab. I am looking at putting 4x 6.5" subs behind the rear seat (different thread). I am looking at using a Skar RP-150.4AB to power the components in the doors. My question would be what is recommended under say the $200 per pair range? I've been looking at Image Dynamics ID65CS or CTX65CS series of speakers (I've used them and liked their quality, I've also used JL C2s and loved them as well). 

Are there any others I should be looking at? 

Is it a bad idea to put components in the rear doors with the box behind the seat? 

1 hour ago, gator1873 said:

I am a newbi to be honest with you, but from the many forums I am in, they say use comps up front and xo-ax for rear fill... CDT has a rep of making some really good SQ speakers, I ordered some they will be here this weekend..

I’ll be curious how you like them. 

10 hours ago, Bdsankey said:

I am overhauling the audio in my 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD crew cab. I am looking at putting 4x 6.5" subs behind the rear seat (different thread). I am looking at using a Skar RP-150.4AB to power the components in the doors. My question would be what is recommended under say the $200 per pair range? I've been looking at Image Dynamics ID65CS or CTX65CS series of speakers (I've used them and liked their quality, I've also used JL C2s and loved them as well). 

Are there any others I should be looking at? 

Is it a bad idea to put components in the rear doors with the box behind the seat? 

You want the components closest to you as possible so the highs and mids are more vivid in comparison to the bass. Putting them closer to the lows with muffle them out more. Them jl c2 components won’t handle that amp unless you turn the gain way down for a weaker rca signal. Them image dynamics would work better but you would have to be conservative with the gain as well to send a little bit of a weaker rca signal to the amp. Memphis mojo pro components can handle 150 rms. They say 125 rms when you look them up but on the speakers they say 150 rms. They have 95db sensitivity. I have 2 pair of Memphis mojo pro components. They come with 6.5” midranges and 3.5” super tweeters and they are the shit. They advertise them online for $260. I would get them if I were you. They will sound better and instead of using a little 3/4” or 1” silk dome tweeter they will be 3.5” aluminum dome super tweeters. Super tweeters are the way to go. And then run Memphis mojo pro 6.5” midranges in the rear fill since I don’t think you would delete your rear fill. No need to mess up the sound by putting coaxials in the rear fill. It’s best to focus on the front stage and not let the rear fill ruin the overall sound. Because you have to understand that rear fill takes longer for the sound to reach you than front stage and has to resonate before it reaches you. So rear fill needs to be attenuated and delayed to have ideal sound quality. Also, for optimal sound quality, the rear fill has to have an proper bandpass to fill in correctly because of the location between the the subwoofers (lows) and the higher frequency front stage. Some just delete it to not have that bridge to cross. Either midranges in the rear fill or delete the rear fill and just add 2 6.5” custom in each front door instead. That’s my recommendation. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

8 hours ago, gator1873 said:

I am a newbi to be honest with you, but from the many forums I am in, they say use comps up front and xo-ax for rear fill... CDT has a rep of making some really good SQ speakers, I ordered some they will be here this weekend..

Quit giving bad advice.    :noob:

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

12 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You want the components closest to you as possible so the highs and mids are more vivid in comparison to the bass. Putting them closer to the lows with muffle them out more. Them jl c2 components won’t handle that amp unless you turn the gain way down for a weaker rca signal. Them image dynamics would work better but you would have to be conservative with the gain as well to send a little bit of a weaker rca signal to the amp. Memphis mojo pro components can handle 150 rms. They say 125 rms when you look them up but on the speakers they say 150 rms. They have 95db sensitivity. I have 2 pair of Memphis mojo pro components. They come with 6.5” midranges and 3.5” super tweeters and they are the shit. They advertise them online for $260. I would get them if I were you. They will sound better and instead of using a little 3/4” or 1” silk dome tweeter they will be 3.5” aluminum dome super tweeters. Super tweeters are the way to go. And then run Memphis mojo pro 6.5” midranges in the rear fill since I don’t think you would delete your rear fill. No need to mess up the sound by putting coaxials in the rear fill. It’s best to focus on the front stage and not let the rear fill ruin the overall sound. Because you have to understand that rear fill takes longer for the sound to reach you than front stage and has to resonate before it reaches you. So rear fill needs to be attenuated and delayed to have ideal sound quality. Also, for optimal sound quality, the rear fill has to have an proper bandpass to fill in correctly because of the location between the the subwoofers (lows) and the higher frequency front stage. Some just delete it to not have that bridge to cross. Either midranges in the rear fill or delete the rear fill and just add 2 6.5” custom in each front door instead. That’s my recommendation. 

A friend of mine is upgrading his system and is giving me his set of Audison APK 165 that are only a few years old for no charge. What would be a decent rear mid to pair with them, still the Mojo Pro 6.5 or should I try and find some matching Audison mids like the AP 6.5? 

Archived