Second Skin Audio

Need some help designing my enclosure.

Hey all, I'm getting a new system and I need help designing an enclosure.

First off, this is going in a 2008 Lexus GS350 trunk so space is very tight. I'm looking to put 2 American Bass XFL's in there. I plan on getting the 10 inchers as it seems like it would be easier to fit compared to the 12's- if you think 12's will work with my trunk space let me know. I plan on adding a double baffle and some corner bracing / maybe a dowel rod or two (I've never made a box that required bracing, should this?).

Trunk space (in): 30H/16H/39L (Photos of trunk: https://imgur.com/a/nXmwM98)

Note: Don't know where I can put the amp, either on the box or in the spare well or just where my current amp is? I'm gonna be getting the CAB 2000.1. My seats don't fold down, I just keep the ski hole open it's the best I can do.

Now where I really need help is the port. For this box I want an aero port as I hear its more efficient/better. What size/quantity/length aeroport(s) should I get for 2 American Bass XFL 10's? I don't want my box tuned super low or super high, so 33-35hz range. 

I was getting confused using subbox.pro and torres calculator, how do people run 2 4" Aeroports on these if it requires somewhere around 16sqin per cube? 4" port is only ~~12sqin, don't I need to have something like 50sqin? I'm thinking multiple 6inch ports which I know is incorrect, can someone explain this to me?

Thanks - Steve

On the 12” models, just build a slot port with about 50-55sq” or port area at 3.75-4 cubes after displacements tuned to 32hz because 2 6” aero ports will be too long to tune it where it needs to be unless you’re cool with the aero ports sticking out the enclosure. Some people are. I don’t use aero ports though. But that’s just my preference. Post the measurements of your trunk so I can make sure. Height, width and depth. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

5 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

On the 12” models, just build a slot port with about 50-55sq” or port area at 3.75-4 cubes after displacements tuned to 32hz because 2 6” aero ports will be too long to tune it where it needs to be unless you’re cool with the aero ports sticking out the enclosure. Some people are. I don’t use aero ports though. But that’s just my preference. Post the measurements of your trunk so I can make sure. Height, width and depth. 

Hey man, thanks for your reply.  I don’t mind ditching the aero port and with going with a slot port if you recommend it, because yea it looks like to me I don’t have the space. If you look at the Imgur link I have photos of my trunk measurements. Also roughly rounded in the thread. Do you think I can fit 2 12s or would it just be safer to have some extra space leftover with 2 10s @3cuft?

Archived