Second Skin Audio

4th Order BP - Dual Subs- 2 Chamber ok?

M007

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Lol my bad dude

It’s all good brother. Lol. If you check my stats I’ve been a member since ‘12 but the posts in this thread are my only ones. Meaning I have no clue the etiquette on here. I usually just read and don’t reply. I used to be on DIYMA and got so fed up that I stopped the hobby for 4 years. Lol. Then after 2 of our kids were born my Wife encouraged me to get back in it. 

Just couldn’t believe the night and day difference between that forum and the way you’ve walked me thru this. Props dude! Really appreciate it. 

Since the bottom of the enclosure will be missing because it’s a 4th order enclosure that you load the subwoofers from the bottom you will negate .75” from the height bringing the height to 17.25”. All the calculations will still be the same. The floor will just serve as the bottom piece of wood, so to say. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

4 minutes ago, M007 said:

It’s all good brother. Lol. If you check my stats I’ve been a member since ‘12 but the posts in this thread are my only ones. Meaning I have no clue the etiquette on here. I usually just read and don’t reply. I used to be on DIYMA and got so fed up that I stopped the hobby for 4 years. Lol. Then after 2 of our kids were born my Wife encouraged me to get back in it. 

Just couldn’t believe the night and day difference between that forum and the way you’ve walked me thru this. Props dude! Really appreciate it. 

No problem dude, you’re welcome!

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Since the bottom of the enclosure will be missing because it’s a 4th order enclosure that you load the subwoofers from the bottom you will negate .75” from the height bringing the height to 17.25”. All the calculations will still be the same. The floor will just serve as the bottom piece of wood, so to say. 

I really can’t thank you enough, man. Anything I can do for ya, please don’t hesitate to ask. You saved me a bunch of time, energy, and money! My box would’ve sounded way off. Lol. 

Any particular place I should turn to learn more so I can help others? I would like to at least pay it forward...

7 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

DA6FC2CE-FBEA-4EC9-B437-4255913CAF13.thumb.png.e8d5872f1ee015bee0a21b46ed8dd918.pngport length. Keep in mind to factor in the .75” piece of wood the port is connected to to the port length. 

7.875” aka 7 7/8” will work for the port length. So since there will be a factor of .75” on the front wall added to the port length, you have to subtract that from 7 7/8”. 
.75”=3/4=6/8

7 7/8-6/8=7 1/8” in length and connect that to the front wall as an external port.

13 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

DA6FC2CE-FBEA-4EC9-B437-4255913CAF13.thumb.png.e8d5872f1ee015bee0a21b46ed8dd918.pngport length. Keep in mind to factor in the .75” piece of wood the port is connected to to the port length. 

The port width and height are inner measurements. The putter measurements are 12.5” width and 11.75” height. Had to factor in the .75”x2 of the pieces of wood to each measurement. 

Archived