Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4th Order BP - Dual Subs- 2 Chamber ok?


M007

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

7.875” aka 7 7/8” will work for the port length. So since there will be a factor of .75” on the front wall added to the port length, you have to subtract that from 7 7/8”. 
.75”=3/4=6/8

7 7/8-6/8=7 1/8” in length and connect that to the front wall as an external port.

 

Ahhh! I gotcha now. Using the word “connect” helped me see it. I’m a visual person. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Can the depth of that enclosure fit, 46”?

Oh yea. That’s fine. Pretty dang perfect really. It’ll fit between the wheel wells even with rhino liner on it so I can slide it in and out if it needs service. 
 

I’ve got External enclosure limits of 

20” H

48” Wide(or deep depending on orientation)

70” Deep(or wide, “)

Posted
7 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Placement of bracing

774F2F74-158D-4379-A92A-F2EA1355C42F.jpeg

Thanks for the visual. 
 

Could it also work like this, to maximize usable bed area? Would it change the way it sounds?

7F7F873B-A691-4912-ABBF-2399831F5991.jpeg

Posted
4 minutes ago, M007 said:

Thanks for the visual. 
 

Could it also work like this, to maximize usable bed area? Would it change the way it sounds?

7F7F873B-A691-4912-ABBF-2399831F5991.jpeg

There’s no way to position it where the port is firing forward like in the diagram I posted?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Posted
25 minutes ago, M007 said:

Oh yea. That’s fine. Pretty dang perfect really. It’ll fit between the wheel wells even with rhino liner on it so I can slide it in and out if it needs service. 
 

I’ve got External enclosure limits of 

20” H

48” Wide(or deep depending on orientation)

70” Deep(or wide, “)

 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Posted
2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

There’s no way to position it where the port is firing forward like in the diagram I posted?

Yes, there is. I just give up a little bed area towards the tailgate but gain more on the sides of the enclosure. No big deal. I’m just a visual dude and was getting my depths and widths backwards or something. Lol. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, M007 said:

Thanks for the visual. 
 

Could it also work like this, to maximize usable bed area? Would it change the way it sounds?

7F7F873B-A691-4912-ABBF-2399831F5991.jpeg

That’s gonna disrupt the air flow, thus lessening the output and affecting the overall sound. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Posted
1 minute ago, M007 said:

Yes, there is. I just give up a little bed area towards the tailgate but gain more on the sides of the enclosure. No big deal. 

Go with the idea I posted. Port on the front wall firing forwards. That’s the best way. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6629 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...