Sonic Electronix

Car audio set up question for a beginner

I just bought an older car (1982 BMW 528e) and I was looking to upgrade the car audio system. It currently has an aftermarket 2011 era Sony stereo in it. The car can only run 4x6 speakers and to run larger speakers, I would need to do some metal cutting which I do not want to do. My plan is to replace the stereo with the Sony MEX-XB120BT which has a built in class D amp outputting 45W RMS x4, which is sufficient for my goals of just getting good sound out of four 4x6 speakers. I do not plan to have any sub and would prefer not adding the complexity, wiring, and cost of a standalone amp. The speakers I was considering (all around) were either the Infinity REF-6432cfx 4x6 or the Polk db461p 4x6. The Inifinity is rated at 45w RMS and the Polk at 50w RMS. Is there anything I'm missing, or any critiques or suggestions I should be considering?

Run a 4 channel amp, trust me that 45 Watts by 4 is peak it's more like 22 by 4

They make a 4 channel amp that is literally the size of a cell phone that shit all over that decks power

it would not require insane wiring in fact you can use 8 gauge wiring Nantucket right up under the dash and have it sent to your factory speaker wiring

Archived