Second Skin Audio

Port: How long is too long?

akuma4u

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

36 to 39 would work

yes would work but wouldnt i be loosing a lot of output vs using a port big enough to at least clear the minimum value on tritis calc?

let me ask u this.. in terms of output gain.. would it be better to use a smaller box like 2 cubes or so and put in a port big enough to at least clear the minimum recommended port area OR would it be better, in terms of output, to use this 2.20net with 36 to 39 sq inches of port area which is BELOW the minimum recommended on tritis caluclator?

3 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

36 to 39 would work. 39 would be ideal because the increase of recommended volume is about 10% and 39 is about 10% increase in recommended port area. That would work ideally. 

sorry to clarify when you say recommended port area are you referring to sundowns or triticums minimum recommended port area? cuz im referring to triticums,.. but if i refer to sundowns YES it can be done.

1 minute ago, akuma4u said:

yes would work but wouldnt i be loosing a lot of output vs using a port big enough to at least clear the minimum value on tritis calc?

let me ask u this.. in terms of output gain.. would it be better to use a smaller box like 2 cubes or so and put in a port big enough to at least clear the minimum recommended port area OR would it be better, in terms of output, to use this 2.20net with 36 to 39 sq inches of port area which is BELOW the minimum recommended on tritis caluclator?

2.2 cubic feet with 39 square inches of port area. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Just now, akuma4u said:

sorry to clarify when you say recommended port area are you referring to sundowns or triticums minimum recommended port area? cuz im referring to triticums,.. but if i refer to sundowns YES it can be done.

Recommended by sundown. I even posted a screenshot of there recommendations on that subwoofer. 

Just now, 1point21gigawatts said:

Recommended by sundown. I even posted a screenshot of there recommendations on that subwoofer. 

sorry i missed that post.. ok im gonna get a design and ill show it to u when ready so u can verify.

i will follow sundowns recommended here. but once i learned about triticums calculator, all manufacturer recommendations went out the window and they were all on the smaller side of what i actually needed.. as per his calculator.

6 minutes ago, akuma4u said:

sorry i missed that post.. ok im gonna get a design and ill show it to u when ready so u can verify.

i will follow sundowns recommended here. but once i learned about triticums calculator, all manufacturer recommendations went out the window and they were all on the smaller side of what i actually needed.. as per his calculator.

2.2 cubic foot with 39 square inches of port area will work better than sundowns recommendations. 

4 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Thats good for either one of them subwoofers.

alright man ill get this made...

when you said this will be better than sundowns recommendations,.. in what ways will it be better exactly? more output/louder? better bandwidth? better roll off?

Archived