Second Skin Audio

Help and advice on building a monster subwoofer

As the title says im looking to build a very powerful system from scratch.

I'm  hoping to get at least 6000 RMS after I'm  finish. For example a 6000rms /12000nominal continuous power and like 20000watts max. 

Something along that line..

Now bare with me i know a little but not like you guys. The magnet or motor and coil is basically the only ting that kind of confuses me. As to how would i know how much a motor could actually take and how to know what coil can actually supply that kind of constant power. 

So here what i was planning to do. Please advise me how to go about it thanks.

I was actually planning to get a basket  something like those mmatts juggernaught style.. and get a motor of similar jugg or dd 9515 motor.

Then remove the magnet plate and add another magnetand make it either quad stacked or even 5stacks of magnetic power! Then wind a coil that would fit in the basket good preferable a 4inch  8 layer coil. Then 4 spiders stacked on each other and well the other soft parts.

My questions are basically wouldthat extra magnet help me to achive higher rms?? What if i where to double a tripple stack magnet and make it into a 6stacked magnet?? How would that help me get more rms?

Also the coils..how can i calculate what rms the coils can actually take? 

My mainnnnn goal is to get the HIGHESTTTTTT rms possible even if i have to widen the magnetic gappp!! 

Thank you alll for taking the time to read this and help me no help us on this project together 🤗

Hopefully i could source and start august month.

Thank youuu

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I have to be real with you and advice you. And it sounds like you don’t know much about the subject accept for some stuff you researched. This is a bad idea and a waste of money. A novice shouldn’t be building a subwoofer using different parts from other subwoofers and definitely shouldn’t be taking apart and gluing slugs together. If you decide to go against my recommendations, you will see that it was a bad idea and shit will be rubbing, slapping and clanking once rms is put to it. That’s if you don’t quit halfway through because you finally realize it’s a bad idea. There are plenty of subwoofers out there that can handle that rms and then some. Just buy one instead of wasting money. And have you ever seen a quad stack or 5 stack or 6 stack motor? No. Why? Because it’s pointless. Bigger slugs, not more slugs. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I have to be real with you and advice you. And it sounds like you don’t know much about the subject accept for some stuff you researched. This is a bad idea and a waste of money. A novice shouldn’t be building a subwoofer using different parts from other subwoofers and definitely shouldn’t be taking apart and gluing slugs together. If you decide to go against my recommendations, you will see that it was a bad idea and shit will be rubbing, slapping and clanking once rms is put to it. That’s if you don’t quit halfway through because you finally realize it’s a bad idea. There are plenty of subwoofers out there that can handle that rms and then some. Just buy one instead of wasting money. And have you ever seen a quad stack or 5 stack or 6 stack motor? No. Why? Because it’s pointless. Bigger slugs, not more slugs. 

Ik thats why i ask here where everyone knows alot more.  But i wanna do it as a hobby. Where i live those monster subs are ridiculously expensive than that where u live and im not fortunate enpugh to have that kinda cash... but i love music and i wanna try and do it for fun and experiment.  

Just now, Abraham2nd said:

Ik thats why i ask here where everyone knows alot more.  But i wanna do it as a hobby. Where i live those monster subs are ridiculously expensive than that where u live and im not fortunate enpugh to have that kinda cash... but i love music and i wanna try and do it for fun and experiment.  

But you are gonna end up spending more money building one and not counting the trial and errors you are gonna make before you figure out how to build one. Where are you located?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

But you are gonna end up spending more money building one and not counting the trial and errors you are gonna make before you figure out how to build one. Where are you located?

Trust me i aint gonn be hooking up any parts without a full indept design and calculations at to where coil placement and stuff needs to be and if everyting will be compatible.. even if i leave the motor on ill see how much coil gap i have and use same length voice coil but bigger gauge and aluminum flatwire to achive better cooling then see if i can add more layers IF space is available. 

I live in the caribbean.. electronics are rediculously overpriced fromshipping and taxed...plus heavier items are taxed more ..

Archived