Sonic Electronix

43 minutes ago, DankMan said:

@1point21gigawatts I am getting lost on the grounding the amp part. So the ground wire coming out of my amp I should not put it to the negative part of the battery instead I should connect it to a ground on the frame? How does that work out  

Connect the amps ground to the chassis. Not the battery’s negative post. See if you can nut and bolt it to the chassis. Self tapping screws are always a last result. Nut and bolt is best. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

48 minutes ago, DankMan said:

@1point21gigawatts it is definitely not tight enough. If I use a nut and bolt on that same spot is that fine or should I ground it in a different area? 

If you can but and bolt it somewhere on the chassis, even that same spot, would be better, way better. I would shorten it though if you can find a spot to drill a hole and nut and bolt it closer. And again, self tapping screws are always a last resort.

The positive feed is ok to the battery then the amp. That’s the way it’s suppose to be. And I’ve never had any problems when I’ve ran rca’s with positive feeds in the same bundle. They say it can cause problems but I believe that’s only if the rca’s are shitty. As long as the rca’s are twisted, it’s fine to run them beside positive feeds. Your rca’s are twisted. So you are good on the rca’s. What type of noise are you hearing from that back speaker?

Archived