Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I had a 02 silverado with a new alternator and capacitor, system dropped a few volts but not much. I just bought a 07 classic, I put the same set up in the same way. Im dropping below 10 volts when I really turn it up sometimes. Sometimes its great and then sometimes it just sucks. I have a brand new battery and high performance alternator. Idk whats wrong

Posted

Your alternator isn’t putting out enough current. What type of alternator is it? And a capacitor is only good and helping voltage if it is about 75-100 farads or more. Most Capacitor bank guys start out at 500 farads and mover their way up. What size capacitor is it, how many farads?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 833 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...