Midrange recommendations

Dafaseles

So, I've been waiting and waiting for the FI N.7 7" midrange speakers to be available again so I could grab those. This week FI posted on Instagram that they would start to focus on 3 of the most popular subs right now because the covid, manufacturer delays, and a death in the family. 

Not bashing FI in any way, it's completely understandable and I still will suggest their subwoofers whenever I'm asked about subs. Love the company and customer service. 

Anyway, do you knowledgeable folks have any good suggestions on midrange speakers? I'm looking for a nice, warm sounding speaker, if that makes sense. I don't need something that's going to have the highs of a Tweeter, I've got tweeters for that. 8" preferred, but not totally against 6.5"s, it'll just change the longterm plans a little. 

Or, should I just stay the course and check the FI sight 3-4 times a day, hoping maybe this time they'll be available (I'm a little nuts).

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

As far as getting a warm sound or decent mid-bass, I find closing large access holes in the door skins helps a lot, the music is less muddy, better separation between the instruments. I got great results doing this just using some inexpensive Boss 6.5" speakers. They sound excellent now. 

15 minutes ago, MG88 said:

As far as getting a warm sound or decent mid-bass, I find closing large access holes in the door skins helps a lot, the music is less muddy, better separation between the instruments. I got great results doing this just using some inexpensive Boss 6.5" speakers. They sound excellent now. 

I've seen people do that and get great results. I'm also going to do that with some sound deadening. Thing is, these particular speakers will be going into their own dedicated box, under the back seat, facing forward. Kinda weird, I know, but I'm not ready to redo my doors just yet, so that's where these speakers will be temporarily until I'm ready to do so. 

Interesting, If they're going in their own dedicated box, I think the performance between one speaker and the next will be much more subtle. But I could be wrong, as I haven't experimented using cheap speakers vs high end speakers in the same box. 

Well, this is the plan... right now I have 2 sets of Memphis VIV 2 way comments in the front doors (total of 4) 2 bullet tweeters on a passive crossover in my dash board and 2 8" coaxils in the back doors. I'm upgrading my bass, so I'm upgrading my mids and highs as well. Under the back seat (temporarily) will be 8 midrange drivers. Those are the speakers I'm inquiring about, if anyone had any good recommendations of some pleasant to the ear sounding 8" (or 6.5") midrange speakers

Archived