my brother has a puppy i think its half english toy and half japanese chin..and sometimes he will make these sounds and act like hes choking or trying to spit something up he will do it for about 10 seconds and then nothing....like a human would if he had food stuck in his/her throat..whats the deal?

Does it do it after it eats? My one dog used to eat so fast it would do that all the time

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

My chi's do the same thing..its what the vets call a reverse sneeze. It's a genetic thing typically found in smaller dogs. It usually happens when the dog gets excited and their windpipe closes, in which causes the dog to go into a form of an asthma attack, as they are trying to re-allign their windpipe.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

My chi's do the same thing..its what the vets call a reverse sneeze. It's a genetic thing typically found in smaller dogs. It usually happens when the dog gets excited and their windpipe closes, in which causes the dog to go into a form of an asthma attack, as they are trying to re-allign their windpipe.

yea something about the trachea(windpipe) collapsing every once in a while. My best friends Pomeranian makes that same noise every now and again. Sounds just like a reverse sneeze. Totally normal thing.

My 2lb teacup Pomeranian does it sometimes, I always thought it was her allergies cause she sneezes after she gets done coughing.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

my brother has a puppy i think its half english toy and half japanese chin..and sometimes he will make these sounds and act like hes choking or trying to spit something up he will do it for about 10 seconds and then nothing....like a human would if he had food stuck in his/her throat..whats the deal?

i used to have a japanese chin and she would do that. i never really figured out why but i always thought because there noses where so small and they were breathing to hard.