Sonic Electronix

Has anyone here done a "true infinite baffle" in a vehicle ???

I mean as in, the sub(s) play into the car, but are open on the backside to the entire universe ??? I'd LOVE to get a demo in such a vehicle. I have read that these setups are incredibly efficient, extremely flat (with proper tuning), and can play down to as  low as one can imagine..... Like 5 or 8 hz, and move tremendous air doing it ! 

Check out some of the vids by Pssound, over in the UK. This guys won all kinds of awards for his IB setups. I think he is currently working on a setup with two 24" Stereo Integrity IB subs. They move ridiculous air with a max wattage of only 1500 each. 

My current car audio dream, is:

1 24" Stereo Integrity sub, grabbing from about 8hz to 90hz. (my truck is 12 yo, so I don't mind cutting a huge hole in the floor)

Two 12" pro series full range drivers in sealed enclosures in front lower doors, covering from about 90hz to 1300hz,  (my truck doors are huge... I could give them more than 1 ft cubed if needed)

Two compression drivers (horns) in the front, covering 1300hz up to 20+ Khz.

Only 5 speakers total, getting (only) about 4Kwts (with a reserve of about 8Kwts)  but super loud, and covering 8hz to 25Khz, as flat as I wanted it. Oh, and for the first time in my life, a super centered and balanced front stage. Pretty easy when your system only uses 5 speakers total :)

Archived