Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Help! Which setup is better?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys, lurker seeking advice. I have two setups for my car (1996 Impala SS with 200 amp alternator):

(2) Audiopipe TXX-BDC2-15 

(1) 8 in port tuned to 36Hz

5.5 cu ft. total after sub displacement and port

or

(2) Audiopipe TXX-BDC4-12

(2) 4 in ports tuned to 30Hz

2.8 cu ft. per chamber

 

I have two sub amps to choose from:

Taramps MD1800.1

Bully Slayer 3000

 

Which would be the better setup for my ride?

 

 

 

 

Posted
1 hour ago, rcollins said:

Hi guys, lurker seeking advice. I have two setup for my car (1996 Impala SS with 200 amp alternator):

(2) Audiopipe TXX-BDC2-15 

(1) 8 in port tuned to 36Hz

5.5 cu ft. total after sub displacement and port

or

(2) Audiopipe TXX-BDC4-12

(2) 4 in ports tuned to 30Hz

2.8 cu ft. per chamber

 

I have two sub amps to choose from:

Taramps MD1800.1

Bully Slayer 3000

 

Which would be the better setup for my ride?

 

 

 

 

The BDC4 is 1100w rms? I don’t think the taramps 1800 would power 2 very well, just my opinion. Consider box rise, and you’d get something like 600-700w per sub at best?

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, JakeW said:

The BDC4 is 1100w rms? I don’t think the taramps 1800 would power 2 very well, just my opinion. Consider box rise, and you’d get something like 600-700w per sub at best? And the “bully slayer” puts out 3000w at 1ohm, so good luck doing that for 2 2ohm subs...

 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Posted

Thanks for the reply. The BDC4s I have are dual 4 ohms, so I can wire them down to 1 ohm. I know that I wouldn't see 3000 rms from the Bully amp due to box rise and my alternator output.  I'm  just looking for suggestions on the better setup or any suggestions using this equipment.

  • rcollins changed the title to Help! Which setup is better?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 914 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...