Alternator/Battery Wiring Question

JakeW when you say grounds are completely separate from each other as well. Can you elaborate on that?

My thoughts were front battery grounds to the frame and rear battery and amp grounds to the frame also. Would it be better to attach the grounds for both batteries together (i.e battery under hood grounds room strait to, and connected to, back battery?

On 1/2/2021 at 3:36 PM, ceckard said:

JakeW when you say grounds are completely separate from each other as well. Can you elaborate on that?

My thoughts were front battery grounds to the frame and rear battery and amp grounds to the frame also. Would it be better to attach the grounds for both batteries together (i.e battery under hood grounds room strait to, and connected to, back battery?

The amp is grounded separately from the battery ground, on opposite sides of the chassis. The battery ground actually goes through the chassis and into the frame as well. Make your grounds short as possible, I wouldn’t bother running long runs of wire to connect them. 

A30A89E4-9CBF-42F7-BAA6-2641BD568D10.jpeg

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

2 hours ago, ceckard said:

I'm with ya. Thanks Jake!

On a side note... How do you like that Titan 8? Is that the 12, 14 or 16V model?

It’s the 12v, pwr-s5. I like it for what I have so far, I think I might step up to mechman though. My alternator internals were changed out to 326amp, but I don’t have the specs at a lower rpm, so playing the system hard it can slightly clip. I think that’s due to voltage drop, I have seen 13.3ish v. although it could just be distorted signal. But as far as powering 5k, this little guy does a bang up job! It weighs 5 pounds!

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Archived