Sonic Electronix

Im pretty new to the car audio world and Im currently specing out my system and need some suggestions. I was going to go with 2 psi platform 3s but the budget was getting to high so I went with the Skar Evl dual 12s. I have a question about the amplifiers though. This psi amp only has 1 speaker input, am I still able to put 2 subs into it by doing a parallel connection? Lastly, when I upgrade the mids/ highs, do I need another amp with multichannels?

20210108_173003.jpg

Yes and most likely, yes. 

Even though that amp only has 1 subwoofer output, you can hook as many subs up to it as you like, however you like, as long as you get your desired ohm load going into the amp. It's 1 ohm stable, so I assume that's where you'd want to run it.... but that's up to you boss. 

And you don't have to amplify your mids and highs, it's not a requirement, but it's highly recommended if you want to hear them clearly over your bass. And if you're going to run front speakers and back speakers, a 4 channel is recommended, but if you just wanted to run front speakers, they do make full range 2 channel amplifiers as well

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

You mean the one speaker output being a bottle neck? No. I'd use 8 awg wire personally, but you'd get whatever the amp is putting out. No bottleneck. How are you planning on wiring your subs to the amp? 

My personal opinion, a 5000 watt amp will be too much for those subs. That's just my opinion. I've never owned those subs, so that's just my opinion. I don't know for sure. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your build brotha

Maybe if you run those subs at 2 ohm you won't have problems. But if you run those subs at 1 ohm, amp gain set to right before clipping (where it's supposed to be) I think it'll blow those subs. Also, you might want a little more electrical to support the 5k power. You don't want your voltage to drop to low. That's bad for your batteries and bad for your equipment

That's just my 2 cents

I may power those at 2ohms impedence with the 5k. Im upgrading everything electrical too. But I was also wondering if the Incriminator IA20.1 2800w would work also. The only problem is that in the manual it shows that when you hook up 2 subs that the impedance is rated at 2ohms. I wonder how I could get them to go to 1ohm

Screenshot_20210109-153748_Drive.jpg

Archived