Sonic Electronix

Losing sound from one amp when volume is turned up

So i have a setup that consists of a clarion eqs746 which i run an aux to my phone, rockford fosgate subs and highs powered by 2 rockford amps 1 for high 1 for low. When i turn up the volume and the bass hits i lose audio from my highs. (Cuts in and out). Any suggestions on where to start diagnosing? I already checked all power connections. 

Did you check the ground connections? RCA connections? The speaker connections? 

It sounds to me like something is loose. Try playing the stereo at a low volume and lightly shaking wires and RCA's to see if you can manually replicate the problem. 

If you can't, it could be the speaker write to the speakers grounding out on metal or it could be something internally inside the amp itself getting ready to shake loose. 

It could also be your electrical. If your bass amp is sucking up all the juice, it could be making your amp cut in and out. 

Unfortunately, could be a lot of things

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 2 months later...

Im starting to think it might be the cars electrical. Because it happened before at around the same time the battery needed to be replaced. But i didnt take it into thought considering the car is a 2016. The system was installed at a shop that has proven to have very shitty work. Ive already had to replace speaker wire that completely corroded to dust. Ive had to rewire the hilo converter because they decided electrical tape would be the best way to splice wires. 

Archived