Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Does anyone make premade door frame plugs?


Recommended Posts

Posted
I have a common model: 2017 Accord. Was wondering if any companies manufactured prefab fiberglass blockers for the large holes in the door frame. People say it helps with bass from the mains, but I don't want to mess around with that level of fabrication. I noico'd the doors pretty good and put a set of speaker tweakers behind the mids. The inner door panels have big pillows that go against those holes anyway. I don't know...what's you guys' experience?
Posted

So I have no idea if they make premade ones but this would litterally be super easy to make.

Fiberglassing is super easy to do. Probably hard to master but super easy to learn.

I'm assuming it juat needs to be flat correct? If so that would make it super super simple. If not bust out the tape and wax and form it to inner door skins. May be a little more complicated but not much at all.

Posted
On 12/21/2020 at 3:43 PM, BassMunky said:

What he said

Thanks for the reply. 

Is it worth it though?  Is it a big difference?  

Do you know any links on how to do it?

Posted

Never tried it myself Ive usually sealed those holes up using sound deadener but now I'm going to try just to see lol. Honestly if it just needs to be flat you can lay out your mat on the garage floor, work bench or whatever surface that is flat and poor and brush the resin over it wait for it to dry transfer shape from cardboard then cut it out and sand edges. Then you can secure it using self tapping screws. Maybe use some foam tape of you want a perfect seal. 

Also I forgot to mention this but use tape/foil/wax paper or combination of them to protect the surface you work on from resin. You can also use a coat of car wax to help the fiberglass release more easily. They sell special waxes for it but turtle wax works lol.

Posted

No not if it can be flat. If there are complex curves in there that you need to mold to you would do the same process pretty much but you would tape up the door skin and brush the resin on instead of pouring it on and brushing for obvious reasons lol. Once the first coat has hardened on the door skin you could then take it down and reinforce it outside of the car if needed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 981 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...