Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Max rms on new electrical upgrades


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey everyone! This is probably a noob question but I recently installed a 320amp alternator, xs d5100 under the hood, xs d3400 in the trunk, big 3 with 0 gauge and power and grounds with 0 gauge. I was wondering what kind of power I can be running? 

Posted

That's not a bad setup. Assuming you're running enough OFC cable between the batteries and the alternator to keep plenty of current flowing between them, I'd say easy 4000 watts range depending on what amplifiers you'd be running. Some amps are more efficient than others.

What are you planning on running? It would make it easier to answer your question if you have enough to run *this*. Not what can I run

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted

I would double it up, for 5k maybe even triple (probably overkill though). I think you should be fine. I was running 4k off a mechman 370 and 2 80 ah AGM's. My alternator is bigger, but if I'm not mistaken, you have more amp hours in those xs batteries. Not a bad idea to invest in a volt meter so you can monitor what's going on though. 

Personally though, for 5k, I'd ditch the AGM's and go lithium. 1 cyber 6k on that alternator and your done. That's just my opinion though

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted

If only $500, stick to the full bridge amplifiers. Sundown would be my personal choice if going with the full bridge amplifiers, Taramps would be my second choice

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1004 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...