Second Skin Audio

12 T1 Vs 15 T1

hey guys, ordering a rockford fosgate t1 tonight and I'm trying to decide whether to get a single 12 in or a single 15 in. I know with certain high end subs it dosen't matter as much about size for sound quality but I dont know if thats how these are. I can make a decent box for the 12 to the right size requirements but on the 15 I just dont want to have a really undersized box. I can go maybe 3 cu ft max but I think the 15 is meant to be in a 4 cu ft box. I just dont want to get the 12 and wish I had the 15. but I still want a lot of sound quality.

any input is appreciated thanks in advance.

thats what I was thinking, but I have 2 old hx2s right now and just dont want to downgrade but these hx2s are old and worn out. It could be the "audiobling" amp I have pushing it but just dosent satisfy me. I've never owned a completly new sub so I just wanted to make sure this was going to be the one I wanted for a while.

I'll give up sq with the 12?

also I know this isnt relevent to this thread but I checked my voltage the other day and without the stereo on my voltage is consistant at 14 volts with the stereo on it drops to 12.5 is that ok? just want to make sure I dont have to majorly upgrade my charging system before I buy other new things

man those hx2 are nice..i know people who still pound them..it might be your amp..and ya its normal for voltage to drop like that i think what i would do is figure out what amp i am going to use for the new t1 sub and buy the amp first but make sure it will work with both applications ohm wise, and then hook it up to your hx2's maybe that will satisfy you, if it doesnt then atleast you know you didnt waste money and get the t1..

ya thats true. the hx2s are dual 4 ohm and I have them running to my 900 watt rms audiobahn and its decent but just want a lot more. I'm thinking of getting a kicker 750.1 , would that be a good amp for the hx2s and if I still end up wanting the t1 ?

ya thats true. the hx2s are dual 4 ohm and I have them running to my 900 watt rms audiobahn and its decent but just want a lot more. I'm thinking of getting a kicker 750.1 , would that be a good amp for the hx2s and if I still end up wanting the t1 ?

ya that 900watt audiobahn will make a good paper weight..lol whats the rms rating on your hx2? 500 watts rms i think? if so the sundown sae-1000d amp would be awsome it does 1000 watts at 1ohm and you can wire your hx'2 into a 1 ohm load and see how it goes..if after that you still feel like you need more then go ahead and get the t1's and you can still use that sundown amp because the t1's take 500-600 watts rms and the sundown does around 1100 watts i believe..and the subs come in both 2ohms and 4ohms so just make sure you get the 4ohms and that will work great with that amp

those sundown amps are a little far out of my price range, thats why I was looking at the kicker 750.1 because I can get it for like $210 shipped. I found the sundown amps for $399 at the cheepest. Unless I can find it somewhere else cheeper I wont be able to get one for a while.

keep in mind that kicker does 750 watts into 2ohms and with your subs your eiter going to get a 1ohm or 4ohm load and the kicker only does 375watts into 4ohms..i looked up the hx2's and its 500 watts rms each..whats your budget for the amp?

Edited by A&W ROOTBEER