Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Need help wiring new door panels


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey yall, i have always used this site to learn about car audio and finally need some help with my custom door panels i just got made. So each door has 4 8" mids and 4 tweeters. I have not bought a amp, speakers or anything yet and before i do i want some insight on how to wire them and the best way to do this. So far all i know is i need to get 4 8ohm 8" mids for each door wired in parallel which is 2ohm in the end? Or is there a better way to wire the mids?  I also do not know how i should wire the tweeters. I was looking at the Cresendo 2000rms 4 channel to go with my Bassclef 6k i have for my subs. All the insight how to wire my door panels would be great! thank you  

Posted

So, I'm doing sort of the same thing. 8 8's and 8 tweets. The only difference is I'm going to run the 8's off the C2000.4d, 4 ohm per channel and then the tweets off my S4, 2 ohm per channel. 

I don't see any reason you can't run 4 8's on channel 1 and 2 at 2 ohm with a band pass crossover, then the tweeters off 3 and 4. That should work fine. Best case scenario is use a DSP I would say. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted
7 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

So, I'm doing sort of the same thing. 8 8's and 8 tweets. The only difference is I'm going to run the 8's off the C2000.4d, 4 ohm per channel and then the tweets off my S4, 2 ohm per channel. 

I don't see any reason you can't run 4 8's on channel 1 and 2 at 2 ohm with a band pass crossover, then the tweeters off 3 and 4. That should work fine. Best case scenario is use a DSP I would say. 

So im thinkin the same thing run my mids off the 2000.4 and my tweeters on another amp. I am looking at the PRV MR500 neo. They are rated 250rms each. I am thinking wire 2 8s in parallel to 1 channel at 500rms at 2ohm. Read up its better to wire 2 8" then 4 8" in parallel?   

Posted

If you use 1 amp, then you'll need 8 ohm speakers to drop down to 2 ohm, 4 8's per channel. If you use an amp for the speakers, an amp for the tweeters, then you could get 4 ohm to wire down to 2 ohm. 2 8's per channel. It's really up to you. Save yourself some money and run 1 amp, or run 2 amps and get a full 250 watts per 8. Either way it'll be loud! If you run 1 amp though, you'd need some pretty hefty tweeters to handle all that power. 

For the RCA's, there's a couple solutions. You could run RCA splitters from your original set of RCA's 

https://skyhighcaraudio.com/sky-high-car-audio-premium-y-splitter/

Also you could use an RCA distribution box

https://skyhighcaraudio.com/shca-clear-1-to-3-rca-distribution-block/

Or, some amplifiers actually have an RCA out so you can just use that to jump to the next amp. 

Or, one of my favorite things in my truck. 

https://skyhighcaraudio.com/three-2/

 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1004 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...