Power requirements and wiring

Where to begin....I recently purchased a pair of orion 12" HCCA SPLX subs (7.5kw RMS each) and an Orion 17000.1D SPLX amplifier to push them. I have one 350a alternator in the car now, and one more yet to be installed once I finish making the bracket. As of right now it won't be a competition car, but someday....probably. 

Now for the questions. Will those alts plus say 2-3 XS 7500s in the back be enough for that set up? I will only be playing while engine is running 15kw...ish max. How many runs of what ga wire from front to the rear batteries? 

The amp has 3 1/0 ga terminals for power and ground, manual says to fuse it for 1700 amps. Should I use dual input reducers so I can run 2 1/0 ga wires to each terminal and fuse them smaller? 

I'm sure there's more I forgot...but this would give me a good place to start for the time being. Thanks!

20210306_135100.jpg

2 alts and 3 of those batteries it's cutting it really close. But if you stepped it up to maybe 140 ah of lithium, or a little more, I don't think you'd have a problem. Using those xs power batteries though, you might need like 4 or 5.

That's my opinion anyway. I just did some very basic battery/ power math. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Right I thought about lithium....but have some apprehension, I live in northern Wisconsin and it gets cold here, like real cold. So was concerned with charging and damage to battery in cold weather. I guess I could add a low temp cut off to prevent this...

The other concern is I have a yellowtop under the hood as a starter battery. So with a diode type isolator the lithium battery/batteries in back would still get power from the alternators when needed, same with the AGM under hood, but couldn't draw from each other when engine is off correct? 

Archived