Need help with different ways of using a 4 channel to power mids and highs

Surhoff88

I need some input from everyone.  I'm putting together my first system since I was a youngster.  Back then I ran deck power for highs but now I'm going all in on the mids and highs as SQ is much more important than it used to be, but I need some information from all of you.

BTW was considering a 50x4@4/75×4@2 or 75x4@4/ 100x4@2

1.) I was going to get a 4 channel and run 2 sets of components or 1 set of components and 1 set of coaxials but  with a 50 x 4 @4ohm,  50w shared between both the mid and tweeter seems way too little for my goal.

2.)  I could go full active and have 2 channels to the tweets 2 channels to the mids.  That would double the power,  but that only powers 1 component set with the 4 channel amp, and I'm not sure I wanna go full active just yet.

3.)  What I'm thinking about doing is bridging the 50x4 amp to 200x2 so the component set would use the crossover networks they came with, have plenty of power and run some coaxials in the back off deck power if I want some rear fill. 

Does anyone have any opinions on why they like one setup over another?  Or is there something I've missed and/or gotten totally wrong??   Thanks for any input you all can give me.

Unless you really want to go nuts, I say keep it simple. 

100-150 watt per channel at 2 ohm 4 channel amplifier.

Run components up front with a passive crossover on channels 1&2, and coaxils in the back off channels 3&4.

To go that extra mile to make it sound really good, sound deaden the doors with some quality sound deadener. 

If you want to take it even a step further if all that isn't enough, I'd go for a DSP next. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived