Looking to upgrade battery

I have recently bought 2 skar audio svr-12s that run about 800 watts each and im going to be hooking it up to a 3500 watt amp. Before I install my new subs I wanted to upgrade my battery. I have a 2005 nissan altima and it uses a 24f battery. I dont really know much about the batteries but I have been having trouble finding a a good strong battery that will fit my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Jamster said:

I have recently bought 2 skar audio svr-12s that run about 800 watts each and im going to be hooking it up to a 3500 watt amp. Before I install my new subs I wanted to upgrade my battery. I have a 2005 nissan altima and it uses a 24f battery. I dont really know much about the batteries but I have been having trouble finding a a good strong battery that will fit my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you can't find a strong AGM to go under your hood, you can always add a second in the trunk. Or you can go lithium. In my opinion, they're better than AGM and you can run more watts off lithium while still using the stock alternator. You could also look into running a super cap bank. You can run those with a regular battery and not have too many issues. 

Make sure before you do anything to do the big 3 upgrade. That's huge

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

19 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

If you can't find a strong AGM to go under your hood, you can always add a second in the trunk. Or you can go lithium. In my opinion, they're better than AGM and you can run more watts off lithium while still using the stock alternator. You could also look into running a super cap bank. You can run those with a regular battery and not have too many issues. 

Make sure before you do anything to do the big 3 upgrade. That's huge

I wasn't looking for anything specific when it comes to the battery. I also heard that if I add another battery at some point, its better for me to add the same battery that im using. I already have an upgraded amp and I have the big 3 upgrade as well. For the battery I was just trying to find something that can handle my build without adding a second battery, but Im willing to if I have to.

Well, in my opinion, 3500 watts is quite a bit for stock electrical. You'll need 2 batteries. Or just 1 lithium, though you can't put lithium under the hood. You'd have to do a battery delete under the hood and put the lithium somewhere else. 

And you can mix battery sizes and brand, but you don't want to mix battery chemistries. Lead acid with lead acid, AGM with AGM, Lithium with Lithium

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived