Second Skin Audio

I Wanna Build A Blo-thru

its going in a 96 single cab chevy fullsize

equipment consist of

4 12" P3's dvc 4 ohm

2 planet audio 1900d

Question: how do I go about designing the box should I port it or keep it sealed? I've been looking at Chodes build, King Suv and like the way that looks and another build that was in a ford I liked the way the subs look facing each other with the port in the middle... Can someone help me with the design I want this thing to wang should i just go about it like a SUV or use it like a trunk first time tackling this type of box and just needed a lil enlightment...

Cut the hole as big as you can and fill it with subs. :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Cut the hole as big as you can and fill it with subs. :D

See I can do that but what if it sounds like crap then im left with a big hole, a big box and lots of subs im looking for more of an educated answer :D:D thank you for replying and please come again and remember only you can prevent forest fires :wacko::wacko:

its called building and learning. no one in here is going to be able to give you exact measurments on it or a step by step instruction on how to do it. you pretty much have to do it and see how it comes out. if it comes out shit. do it again

if your worried about a big hole then throw two 2 10" truck boxes in there with pioneer woofers and call it a day

:lol::lol:

Well if you want them facing each other then design it that way. Porting them or not depends on you. Your right though, once you cut, you can't go back, But it doesn't mean the end of the world.

I would try to design a box that fits in between the wheel wells. That way you can slide it in and out to make changes.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

its called building and learning. no one in here is going to be able to give you exact measurments on it or a step by step instruction on how to do it. you pretty much have to do it and see how it comes out. if it comes out shit. do it again

if your worried about a big hole then throw two 2 10" truck boxes in there with pioneer woofers and call it a day

LOL!!! :blink::blink:

:lol::lol:

Well if you want them facing each other then design it that way. Porting them or not depends on you. Your right though, once you cut, you can't go back, But it doesn't mean the end of the world.

I would try to design a box that fits in between the wheel wells. That way you can slide it in and out to make changes.

Yea thats how im gonna try facing each other.. The hole for sure im going small nothing to big and see how much air I move and if im not happy ill go bigger...

When I did mine, I used Chodes build pics, talked to Ray about the XXX truck and Rusty for his input. Other then that it's all vision. I would say this though, Cut that bish once and make it as big as you can. You can always trim it out to a smaller hole.

Archived