Is my electrical good enough?

1 hour ago, DallasBass91 said:

I plan to use one, I think other than adding more batteries or switching to lithium’s there’s nothing I can do for more power that I know of. My vehicle only fits 1 alternator it’s a 2015 altima

A 300 amp alternator is a good one. Altimas have v6's right? 

Well, if it's a daily, music only build, like I said, it'll be close. Depending on the music you listen to, and how long you listen to it full tilt, that plan could be enough. Music is very dynamic in terms of different notes and spaces between heavy, taxing bass lines. 

On the other hand, if you plan on competing, I would say it's not enough to hold fast at 14.7 volts. Like you stated earlier, unless your willing to pay a seasoned vet a ton of money to move stuff around and make another alternator or 2 fit, lithium is your best bet. Especially on 6k, a CES LTO bank can support that with 150 amp alternator (at least that's what they claim).

Just some things to think about

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

10 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

A 300 amp alternator is a good one. Altimas have v6's right? 

Well, if it's a daily, music only build, like I said, it'll be close. Depending on the music you listen to, and how long you listen to it full tilt, that plan could be enough. Music is very dynamic in terms of different notes and spaces between heavy, taxing bass lines. 

On the other hand, if you plan on competing, I would say it's not enough to hold fast at 14.7 volts. Like you stated earlier, unless your willing to pay a seasoned vet a ton of money to move stuff around and make another alternator or 2 fit, lithium is your best bet. Especially on 6k, a CES LTO bank can support that with 150 amp alternator (at least that's what they claim).

Just some things to think about

My Altima is a 4 banger. I listen to a wide variety of music including pretty much every genre I know of but my main for the bass would probably be rap tbh. I just plan to daily it, no competitions at all. I’m saving up right now to get a jy hp-40 and just use a isolator while keeping the xs in the front but it will probably be at least 3 months before I can do that. I think instead of paying a ton to get a second or 3rd alt in I’d rather get a used Tahoe or excursion and switch everything to that since it has a lot better potential for electrical IMO. I looked into the ces  LTO 40ah bank as you suggested but it seems a little cheap and I’m not sure I feel secure in its integrity at that price point but my worry may be unwarranted. Never heard of them until you mentioned it.

15 minutes ago, DallasBass91 said:

My Altima is a 4 banger. I listen to a wide variety of music including pretty much every genre I know of but my main for the bass would probably be rap tbh. I just plan to daily it, no competitions at all. I’m saving up right now to get a jy hp-40 and just use a isolator while keeping the xs in the front but it will probably be at least 3 months before I can do that. I think instead of paying a ton to get a second or 3rd alt in I’d rather get a used Tahoe or excursion and switch everything to that since it has a lot better potential for electrical IMO. I looked into the ces  LTO 40ah bank as you suggested but it seems a little cheap and I’m not sure I feel secure in its integrity at that price point but my worry may be unwarranted. Never heard of them until you mentioned it.

I would absolutely trust a JY battery as well. Though I wouldn't run an isolator. I'd just power the car off the lithium. But that's up to you. 

https://www.jypwr.com/blog/how-to-wire-agm-and-lithium-batteries-together/

And being a 4 cylinder, it'll have a little tougher time getting that alternator to produce. It's just the way it is. Don't get me wrong, it's a good alternator. So my vote would be lithium over AGM all the way

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived