Second Skin Audio

As loud as possible subwoofer system recommendations (Audi A4 B5 Sedan)

Periculum

6 hours ago, Arthur79 said:

I would pass.  I don't mean to descent, and I'm sure the guy selling them isn't trying to deceive you, but the enclosure doesn't look particularly expensive/quality and the subwoofers certainly don't look like they could manage anywhere near 1500 watts RMS each.  I'm also not familiar with current exchange rates.  Are you quoting prices in USD, Euro, Pound Sterling?  I assume not in Krone given the exchange rate.

The only reason I ask is if you are talking in Euro or Pound Sterling, that's a little more than USD, that said I don't have the faintest idea what car audio costs over there or what brands you have access to.

Like Dafaseles mentioned, I would steer clear of Power Acoustic, they have a pretty $h!t reputation here in the states for being cheap, unreliable and  horribly over rated.

Here is an example dyno video Dafaseles mentioned:

Yep, decided to just buy an amp and good cables instead and if overpowering my current sub goes bad I'll just buy the gz sub I first wanted.

11 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

If the amp description says it has 50mm2 power and ground, use 50mm2

Sounds good, ordering amp and cables then :P

Edit: Done :) 

Any tips for making the bass go into the car better? My friend said that I could cut out the metal into the trunk behind the armrest of the backseat, which does sound like it could work well.

On 6/26/2021 at 5:17 AM, Periculum said:

Sounds good, ordering amp and cables then :P

Edit: Done :) 

Any tips for making the bass go into the car better? My friend said that I could cut out the metal into the trunk behind the armrest of the backseat, which does sound like it could work well.

There are some build logs here on the forum where people have done that and report they have success.  Another option would be to port the trunk into the cabin up through the rear package shelf.

55 minutes ago, Arthur79 said:

There are some build logs here on the forum where people have done that and report they have success.  Another option would be to port the trunk into the cabin up through the rear package shelf.

Didn't understand that, do you have any video/picture examples?

7 minutes ago, Periculum said:

Didn't understand that, do you have any video/picture examples?

Sure, here are a few pictures:

image.jpeg.e51835192601c6b65e1ed48e2821b958.jpeg

Port in Rear Parcel Shelf? : CarAV

UPDATE AERO PORTS THROUGH REAR DECK/ BATTERYS IN/BAFFLE DRILLED - YouTube

Just now, Periculum said:

Oh yeah that's definitely a possibility. Is that just a hole cut through the shelf?

Yea, you can cut a hole in the shelf or if you have speakers in the rear shelf that you don't want to retain, you can remove them and use the factory locations.

Just now, Arthur79 said:

Yea, you can cut a hole in the shelf or if you have speakers in the rear shelf that you don't want to retain, you can remove them and use the factory locations.

I see! Looks like that could be good, reckon the result would be even better if I did both the shelf and the rear armrest?

2 minutes ago, Periculum said:

I see! Looks like that could be good, reckon the result would be even better if I did both the shelf and the rear armrest?

Possibly.  I would start with one and if you feel like it's not enough then do the other.

Archived