Need some opinions!

I just started to install a Power Bastards alt and ran into a small problem.  The alt is made for my car so the vehicles positive lug fits fine but the 1/0 positive I'm adding doesn't.  The lug is way too big to fit into the notched area where the positive alt stud is, as you can see in the pic.  I see four choice, first shave down the walls of the stud keeper till both lugs can be bolted down. second shave down the 1/0 lug itself till it fits in the lug keeper (not my favorite option), third stack a couple washers between the vehicles lug and the 1/0 lug, fourth get a stud extender.  I'm leaning toward shaving down the alt but I'd like to leave it untouched in case of warranty.  If anyone has a better idea or there opinion on my four solutions please let me know I'm going to be moving forward with this very soon so let them fly.  Thanks in advance.

20210806_193815.jpg

Oh wait, I see. I'm not familiar with power bastards stuff, but I don't think it absolutely has to fit down there. That's probably why they extended the screw so far up

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

It's hard to tell from a picture, and companies don't really tell you all the demensions of the ring terminal, but what about something like this? 

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Panduit/LCB1-38-E?qs=d21vR4KnVfIKYTx1ttiTeA%3D%3D

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Sorry I didn't include the lug that has to go under or on top of the 1/0 lug its attached to the computer harness and is short so I couldn't reach it and take the pic.  The 1/0 lug is a sky high terminal and is already crimped on so I can't or don't want to replace it with a smaller one.  That's why I was thinking about grinding down those black walls, not all the way but low enough to make the the whole thing solid.  I would hate to have to grind down the 1/0 lug but might have too.  I think I'm going to try to stack two copper washers that will make up the space.

Archived