Second Skin Audio

New sub for old enclosure

OCTOTHORP

I am adding a 12 to my friends pontoon boat.  I'm using old equipment I had sitting in the garage.  My enclosure was built for an old USA made Planet Audio BB.  I just noticed that the cone has a tear in it that likely happened in storage.  I need to replace the sub but obviously won't be able to do so with the same sub so I need some suggestions.

The enclosure is a Buck Box 1.75 cf at 35 hz.  We mostly listen to rock and volume is probably more important than sq because I know it won't be as loud as in a car.  The box will be in the changing room so it will be protected from the elements.

I will be using a Skar LP750 amp.

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2021 at 9:25 AM, OCTOTHORP said:

I am adding a 12 to my friends Pontoon enclosure.  I'm using old equipment I had sitting in the garage.  My enclosure was built for an old USA made Planet Audio BB.  I just noticed that the cone has a tear in it that likely happened in storage.  I need to replace the sub but obviously won't be able to do so with the same sub so I need some suggestions.

The enclosure is a Buck Box 1.75 cf at 35 hz.  We mostly listen to rock and volume is probably more important than sq because I know it won't be as loud as in a car.  The box will be in the changing room so it will be protected from the elements.

I will be using a Skar LP750 amp.

For example, what kind of suggestion might be of interest to you, my friend?

Archived