Sonic Electronix

Suggestions to run 3, 4ohm dvc subs

currently running 2 kicker shallow mount cvt 12s 4ohm dual voice coil subs, wired to 1ohm behind the back seat of my truck. Powered by a pioneer gm series 800w rms @1ohm mono block. I have enough room under the seat to add another sealed box and sub, but only one. I really like the subs that I have and don't want to buy 3 new ones, I'd like to just get another shallow mount kicker. Which leaves me with the options of wiring the 3 subs to 2.667 ohms or .667 ohms. Thoughts? Planning on upgrading the amp, I have plenty of electrical to run the 1200rms that the 3 subs could take, just need to figure out an amp that'll work. Will box rise alone get my resistance high enough for a 1ohm amp to be ok wired down to .667? 

Any advice is appreciated!

Sometimes there enough impedance rise, sometimes there's not. There's no way to know unless you try. That's one of those things you can't calculate. Just gotta go for it

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

8 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Sometimes there enough impedance rise, sometimes there's not. There's no way to know unless you try. That's one of those things you can't calculate. Just gotta go for it

Any suggestions on amps that tend to handle lower impedance better than others?

38 minutes ago, raberd14 said:

100% incriminator Audio. They're built like tanks! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived